Travel Set - Laundry Bag
Be sure to give us feedback on this project below.
Time: 1 Hour
When you're living out of a suitcase for a little while, you'll probably run into the issue of what to do with all of your dirty clothes. You don't want to leave them in your luggage where they could get clean clothes dirty! Make this simple laundry bag to tuck into your suitcase and fill with your dirty clothes as you go.
Janome Supplies Required:
- Janome Sewing Machine
- Ultra Glide Foot
Fabrics and Notions Required:
- 1 yard woven fabric
- 4" x 45" strip of neoprene
- Cord or ribbon for drawstring
- Along one long edge of the fabric place the strip of neoprene.
- Use a triple zig zag stitch to stitch the neoprene and fabric together. If your fabric has a wrong side, this should be stitched right sides down with the neoprene covering the raw edge.
- Fold the neoprene in half covering the raw edge of the fabric and use the same zig zag stitch down the casing.
- Fold the fabric in half and stitch from below casing to the end of fabric. Then you'll pivot and close the bottom of the bag.
- Turn right side out and use a large safety pin to pull the cord through the casing and knot at the ends.