Tissue Box Cozy
Be sure to give us feedback on this project below.
Time: 30 Minutes
Here is a quick and easy gift for the Holidays! Make it to match the accessories in your bedroom, bathroom, kitchen or any other room. This project is great for sewers of any age and even better for a sewing day with family and friends. This fold and sew fun project can be completed in less than 30 minutes. Once you make one you will most assuredly make many more.
To fit a tissue box that is 4 ¾” x 3 3/8” x 9 ¼” approximately:
Janome Supplies Required:
• Any Janome Sewing Machine
• Embroidery thread for decorative stitching
• All purpose sewing thread
• Bobbin filled with same color embroidery thread
• Blue Tip needle 11
• ¼” foot “O”
• Satin Stitch Foot “F”
Fabric and Notions: • Straight pins
• Washable glue stick (Optional)
• Rotary Cutter and Mat
-Four– 14” squares of cotton fabric
1. With wrong sides together fold all four 14” squares in half diagonally and press.
2. Select a decorative stitch and stitch down the folded side on all four triangles.
3. On a cutting mat arrange the triangles to form a 14” x 17” rectangle. Note – if needed trim away excess.
4. Using pins and/or washable glue stick secure all fours sides (raw edges). Note – this will keep all the layers of fabric from shifting when sewing.
5. With right sides together fold in half to yield 8 ½” x 14”.
6. Attach the ¼” foot, adjust the stitch length to 2.6 and stitch down the long side only.
7. Press seam as sewn and then press seam open.
8. Press opposite side to create a crease that will be used to mark the center.
9. With right sides still together, match up the seam with the crease.
10. On both the short ends pins all raw edges together.
11. Stitch across both short ends. Note – do not turn right side out.
13. On the corners (matching the pressed crease with the seam) measure 3 ¼” across to form a box bottom. Draw a line. Note – this will result in a box bottom corner.
14. Attach satin stitch foot “F” and stitch on the line.
15. Repeat for the remaining three corners. Trim excess.
16. Turn right side out and insert box of tissues.