Be sure to give us feedback on this project below.
Time: 4 hours
These beautiful easy–to-make pillows feature the new three part stippling designs, Accufil Hoop and MC 11000 Special Edition. The Accufil Hoop makes placement easy!
Janome Supplies Required: Memory Craft 11000 Special Edition
PC Folder Tool
Beading foot set
Janome Red Tip Needles
Janome pre-wound bobbins
Fabric and Notions Required: 1/2 yd decorator fabric for each pillow
2 yds 1/4” cording for each pillow
2 16” pillow forms
30 weight cotton thread
Matching all purpose thread
Create the Quilting
1. At your computer, open PC Folder Tools. Click on Start.
2. Set up the Memory Craft 11000 Special Edition for professional-style embroidery, with 30 weight cotton thread on top of the machine, and a Janome pre-wound bobbin in the bobbin. Attach the P foot.
3. Select Edit. Change the hoop to the AcuFil™ Quilting Hoop.
4. Select Built-in Designs and locate Stippling Design 22. Notice the choices in the lower left corner of the screen for Quilt Outline, Quilt Outline w/Stippling and Quilt Outline w/Stippling & Border. Select the option for Quilt Outline w/Stippling & Border. Select Stippling Design 22.
5. Stippling Design 22 will appear on the Edit screen. Touch OK. An option box for the AcuFil™ Calculator will appear. Since our pillows use individual designs, select the Accufil Hoop. The other option, the Acufil™ Calculator, is used for continuous stippling layouts.
6. We will be using the stippling design at 100%, so we do not need to change the size of our design, but we will send the design to the PC using the PC Folder Tool. Touch Save File.
7. Touch PC. Select a folder. Rename the design ‘PILLOW’. Touch OK. Touch OK to send the design to the computer. Touch OK to take the design to the embroidery screen.
8. At your computer, open Customizer 11000. Open the saved design, ‘PILLOW’.
9. Print a template for ‘PILLOW’.
10. For each pillow, cut two 18” squares from the decorator fabric. Cut a matching square of batting for each pillow. Place a square of decorator fabric over a square of batting for the pillow top. The remaining square of fabric will be the pillow back.
11. Using the template, mark each pillow top with crosshairs for nine embroidery designs in a 3 by 3 arrangement.
12. For the first pillow top, embroider Stippling Design 22 at the center crosshair, and at the crosshairs in each of the corners. Use the AcuFil™ Quiliting Hoop and grid to align the designs. As each design is embroidered, leave the hoop in position on the machine, and remove the magnetic inner hoop. Reposition the pillow top for the next embroidery.
13. Select Stippling Design 17, Quilt Outline only. Embroider the design at each of the remaining crosshairs.
14. For the second pillow top, embroider Stippling Design 22, Quilt Outline only, in the center of the pillow and at each of the corners. Use the AcuFil™ Quilting Hoop and grid to align the designs.
15. Select Design 17, Quilt Outline w/Stippling & Border. Embroider the design at each of the remaining crosshairs.
16. Trim each pillow top 3/4” beyond the stippling designs. Trim the pillow backs to match.
1. Set up the Memory Craft 11000 Special Edition for ordinary sewing. Change to the large Beading foot, with all purpose thread on top of the machine and in the bobbin.
2. Baste the cording to each pillow top, matching the edge of the cording to the edge of the pillow tops. Clip as necessary for the corners.
3. Match the pillow top to the pillow back, and sew together following the previous line of stitching, and leaving a 4” opening for turning the pillow.
4. Turn the pillow right sides out. Insert a pillow form, and hand stitch the opening.
5. Repeat for the second pillow.