Be sure to give us feedback on this project below.
Time: 1 Hour
Give your newborn some character with personalized baby bibs by Quilt Escapes! By using fun prints and some simple embroidery, this baby bib is a perfect gift for a new baby. Quick and easy, you can create a stack in just one afternoon!
Janome Supplies Required:
- Any Janome sewing and embroidery machine
- Janome Polyester embroidery thread
Other Fabric and Notions Required:
- Pattern for bib and pocket - Download here.
- ½ yd of a juvenile print.
- 2 piece of contrasting fabric for the pockets approx. 9” by 4” each.
- Approx. 16 inches of double fold bias tape
- Embroidery thread of your choice for the names.
- Cut 4 of the bib pattern. Two regular and two reversed.
- Cut two pockets, one for each bib, from pocket pattern. Sew double fold bias tape to the top of the pockets. This step should be done prior to adding embroidery.
- Embroider baby’s name on both pockets. Most Janome sewing machines, including this Horizon Memory Craft 11000SE will have an easy option for embroidering letters. See your owner's manual for more information about how to size and create letters on your machine.
- After the name has been added, place pocket on top of bib, right sides facing yo.
- Place lining on top of this, right sides facing and pin all around.
- Stitch all around, leaving an opening to turn.
- Hand sew opening on both bibs and press.