Hip Living Room Curtains
Be sure to give us feedback on this project below.
Level: Beginner - Intermediate
Janome Supplies Required:
- Any Janome sewing machine
- Zig-Zag Foot A
- Buttonhole Foot R
- Button Sewing Foot T
- Zipper Foot E
- Even Feed Foot
- Quilting Bar
- Blue Tip needle 75/11
Fabric and Notions Required:
- 6 yds. sheer striped fabric
- 10 buttons
- All purpose thread
- Rotary cutter
- Cutting mat
- Set up the machine for ordinary sewing.
- Attach the Zig-zag Foot A.
- Select Straight Stitch #1.
- Cut three 72" x width of fabric pieces (these are your curtain panels).
- Cut two 9" x 45"/60" (depending on width of fabric) stripes from one of the panels.
- Fold the two 9" strips in half. Press.
- Press under 1/2" on long edge on each strip.
- Stitch the long, un-pressed edge to the bottom of each curtain panel using a 1/2" seam allowance. Press seam allowance down (toward hem).
- Bring pressed edge up to meet seam and topstitch through all layers. Press.
- If selvages are obvious, turn under and stitch. If not, then turn in edges on bottom facing so they are flush with the selvages and topstitch.
- To make loops, cut ten 5" x 16" stripes along the crossgrain.
- Stitch, with right sides together, using a 1/2" seam allowance. Turn and press, with the seams at the side.
- Attach the Buttonhole Foot R.
- Make buttonholes at the bottom of each loop.
- With right sides facing up, place 5 loops, equally spaced, with edges flush, along the top of each curtain panel (buttonhole should be at the bottom). Stitch in place.
- Press loops up, press seam allowances down.
- Turn seam allowances under again (now loops are behind and should be facing down).
- Press loops only, back up. Topstitch in place.
- Attach the Button Sewing Foot T.
- Stitch buttons on in appropriate places.