Be sure to give us feedback on this project below.
Time: 5 Hours
Hi I'm author, fabric designer and radio show host Pat Sloan. I'm delighted to share my “Hearts Bloom' wallhanging with you! My original quilt is hand blanket stitched and freemotion machine quilted on my super amazing Janome 8900!
Janome Supplies Required:
- Janome Sewing Machine - Pat uses the Horizon Memory Craft 8900 QCP.
Fabric and Notions Required:
- 1/3 yard Border Fabric - Mine is a ‘Faux’ pieced fabric, so those are NOT little squares, wink!
---cut 2 strips 3.5” x 30.5”
---cut 2 strips 3.5” x 14.5”
- 1/2 yard of Triangles and Binding Fabric
----cut 22 Triangles
- 14.5” x 24.5” Background Fabric
- FQ and Scraps of fabric for the applique
---I made mine scrappy using several fabrics in each color, indluding a stripe that I repeated.
- Heat n Bond lite
- Aurifil Thread in 50 wt
Instructions: Please print out the template and instructions here. Below is a general concept of the project.
- In the background I quilted bubbles. I have a youtube video on this. Click here to view it.
- Then in the border I did an echo of the appliqued triangles.
- Some of the applique has definition quilting, like the bird, petals and flower caps.
I hope you enjoy my quilt design, send me a photo of your version to Pat@Patsloan.com
This wallhanging is 20” x 30”
Let’s go Sew!
Be sure you are signed up for my email newsletter so you get the info when I send it out at my website http://www.PatSloan.com
• listen to my weekly Radio/Podcasts http://www.creativetalknetwork.com/
• Read my blog - http://blog.patsloan.com/
• Come take a workshop from me, or have me come teach for YOUR group!
• I have a GREAT Quilt group where you can meet lots of quilt friends
• Join me at Facebook for some fun! http://www.facebook.com/PatSloanQuiltFun
• pinterest http://pinterest.com/patsloan/
• twitter http://twitter.com/QuilterPatSloan