Be sure to give us feedback on this project below.
Time: less than 30 min
Silk flowers last so much longer than fresh flowers especially when placed in this ready made planter (roll of toilet tissue). What a wonderful way to display a bridesmaid’s wedding bouquet that will last forever. Another option is to purchase a small floral arrangement from a discount store to place inside the planter.. These make terrific gifts for the person you just don’t know what to get. The original project design was by Freida Doubts of Sew E – Z, Inc. in Portsmouth, Virginia.
Janome Supplies Required
o Any Janome Sewing machine
o ¼” foot “O”
o Thread to match fabric
o Bobbin wound with thread to match fabric
o Blue Tip needle 11
Fabric and Notions Required
• One roll of toilet paper – any brand and any size
• One – 22” square of solid color cotton fabric
• One – 22” square of print color cotton fabric
• 1 yard of 2” silk ribbon
• One or two purchased silk flower arrangement
1. Attach 1’4” foot “O”.
2. With right sides together sew the two 22” squares but leaving a 3” opening for turning right side out.
3. Press and then turn right side out.
4. Topstitch all four sides making sure to close the opening. Note – if desired sew the opening closed with a hand sewing needle and thread before topstitching.
5. Place the roll of toilet paper in the center, insert floral arrangement and bring the fabric up around the floral arrangement.
6. Tie the ribbon around the top of the toilet paper roll to hold fabric and flowers in place.
7. Turn down corners to display opposite color fabric.