Cross Stitch Apron
Be sure to give us feedback on this project below.
Time: 2 hours
On a purchased ready to wear apron stitch out a heartfelt design for Mom for Mother’s Day. What a great gift idea that lets her know how much she is appreciated on her special DAY. Follow the instructions below for creating a loving Cross Stitch embroidery design that will be a lasting treasure. Once you experience how quick and simple it is to create cross stitch embroidery designs from graphics you will want to do it again and again.
Janome Supplies Required
o Memory Craft 11000 Special Edition or 10000, 10001, 9700, 9500, 350E
o Digitizer MB – Cross Stitch program
o Tear away or adhesive stabilizer
o USB, ATA PC Card or USB Memory Key
o Clothsetter 11000 or Clothsetter 10000
o SQ Hoop (11000) or Embroidery Hoop B (10001, 10000, 9700, 9500, or 350E)
o Embroidery Foot P
o 50wt Cotton Quilting thread for embroidery
o Pre-wound bobbin
o Red Tip needle 90/14
Fabric and Notions Required:
o One purchased ready to wear Apron
Instructions for creating Cross Stitch embroidery design:
1. Open Digitizer “Easy Design”.
2. Select File, select “Cross Stitch”.
3. Select “Insert”, select “Drawing File” and the “Open File” dialogue box will appear.
4. Select “Hearts.bmp” from the Embroidery Album for Digitizer.
5. Select the “Auto Stitch Image” from the side toolbar and then click on the grahpic.
6. Select OK to generate stitches. Note – at this point the background “white” could be omitted.
7. The graphic has been digitized for Cross Stitch.
8. Select File, Save as, and save as Mom.EMX. Note – create a new folder in the Embroidery Album for Cross Stitch designs.
9. Now navigate back to Digitizer “Easy Design” and open the embroidery design.
10. Select the white color box on the Objects toolbar and hit delete. Note – background white has been eliminated. It can also be done in the Cross Stitch program, please see manual for additional editing options.
11. Select the lettering cube and select Flair Script font and type “Home is where”. Select ok and click inside the hoop area. Move lettering to desired position.
12. Select the lettering cube again and type “the Heart is.” Select ok and click inside the hoop area. Move lettering to desired position.
13. Change object colors as desired.
14. Print a template.
15. Save design to an external memory device or directly connect to the Memory Craft 11000 Special Edition.
16. Using the template and closthsetter for perfect placement, hoop the stabilized apron and stitch out design.