Cheerful Accent Pillow
Be sure to give us feedback on this project below.
Time: 1.5 Hours
The 16" cheerful accent pillow makes use of the Edit Screen on the new Horizon MC12000, and new extra large hoops available with the machine.
Janome Supplies Required
- Horizon Memory Craft 12000
- A foot
- P foot
- Janome Blue Tip Needles
- Janome Pre-Wound Bobbins
Fabric and Notions Required
- 1/2 yd decorator fabric, 54" width
- 1/2 yd white fabric, strips of matching fabric if desired
- 16" pillow form
- Tear away stabilizer
- Matching all purpose thread
- Embroidery thread
1. Set up the Horizon MC12000 for professional styled embroidery.
2. Select the Edit Screen, and open Favorite designs 15.
3. Move to top of edit screen.
4. Copy the design so that there are two designs. Flip and Rotate to place one at top and bottom forming a circle.
5. Add favorite saying “A Cheerful Heart is Good Medicine,” or any other by choosing font and lettering and spacing words within the flower circle.
6. Adjust colors if desired. Color Sort both designs to reduce the number of thread changes.
7. The design now appears ready to embroider.
8. From the white and decorator fabric, cut two squares 16" square. Mark the center of the white square.
9. Set up the Horizon MC12000 for professional styled embroidery. Thread the machine with embroidery thread and insert a pre-wound bobbin.
10. Hoop the marked square of white fabric with stabilizer in the SQ23 Hoop. Embroider the design.
11. When the embroidery is complete, remove the excess stabilizer. Place the completed embroidery face down on a padded surface, and lightly press.
12. Quilt strips of fabric around the embroidery square if desired.
13. Place the squares of fabric right sides together. Sew around the outside edges with a 1/2" seam allowance, leaving a 6" opening.
14. Turn the pillow right sides out. Insert the pillow form, taking care to fill the corners.
15. Hand stitch the opening closed.