Cell Phone Purse
Be sure to give us feedback on this project below.
Time: 10 Minutes
Sometimes, you don't want to carry a full purse with you everywhere you go, but you still need your cell phone. Sew this handy cross-shoulder cell phone case in less than 10 minutes on your Janome seewing machine and keep your hands free while still lookng stylish! Click here to download the design so that you can make this In The Hoop project.
Janome Supplies Required
- Horizon Memory Craft 12000
- GR Hoop
- Janome embroidery thread (optional)
Fabrics and Notions Required
- 1 -9”x11” fabric for cell phone case exterior
- 1-9”x11” fabric for cell phone case lining
- 1- 40” ¼” ribbon or braided cord for strap
- Press a ¼ “ hem in the long side of each 9x11 piece of fabric.
- Hoop the tear away stabilizer in Hoop GR.
- Place hoop in machine, open file, and sew first color. The horizontal line is the fabric placement line. The vertical line is the fold line.
- Place lining fabric, right side up, on horizontal line, material extending above the horizontal line. Place exterior fabric face up on top of lining fabric, material extending below horizontal line. Stitch the second color joining the fabric to the lining.
- Fold fabric lengthwise using the vertical line as your guide. Gently pull the fabric from the tear away stopping at the halfway mark. Sew the third color. This color sews back to front.
- Remove from hoop, cut away excess fabric, turn fabric right side out, tuck lining into case, and sew straps to interior.