Be sure to give us feedback on this project below.
The 16" chenille accent pillow makes use of the Edit Screen on the new Horizon MC12000, and new extra large hoops available with the machine.
Janome Supplies Required:
Janome Blue Tip Needles
Janome pre-wound bobbins
Fabric and Notions Required:
1/2 yd chenille fabric, 54" width
16" pillow form
Tear away stabilizer
Matching all purpose thread
1. Set up the Horizon MC12000 for professional styled embroidery.
2. Select the Edit Screen, and open Border_1_23.
3. Rotate the corner design 45?.
4. Copy the design so that there are four designs. Flip and Rotate to place one in each corner.
5. Open Border_1_22. Copy the design so that there are four designs. Rotate the designs 90? at a time so that they form a square in the center of the hoop. See sample design below.
6. Adjust colours if desired. Colour Sort both designs to reduce the number of thread changes.
7. The design now appears ready to embroider.
8. From the chenille fabric, cut two squares 16" square. Mark the center of one of the squares.
9. Set up the Horizon MC12000 for professional styled embroidery. Thread the machine with embroidery thread and insert a pre-wound bobbin.
10. Hoop the marked square of chenille fabric with stabilizer in the SQ23 Hoop. Embroider the design.
11. When the embroidery is complete, remove the excess stabilizer. Place the completed embroidery face down on a padded surface, and lightly press.
12. Place the squares of fabric right sides together. Sew around the outside edges with a 1/2" seam allowance, leaving a 6" opening.
13. Turn the pillow right sides out. Insert the pillow form, taking care to fill the corners.
14. Hand stitch the opening closed.