3. The Information We Collect, and Our Uses Of This Information. We will not share with any third party personally identifiable information you provide via the Website, other than as expressly disclosed in this policy. By "personally identifiable information" we mean information that identifies you, such as your name, mailing address, email address, telephone number, or credit card information. We collect information at different points on our Website, and use this information as follows:
3.1. Online Mail List Sign-Up. In order to sign up to receive emails from us about new projects and special offers, we require that you complete our Mailing List Sign-up Form. This form asks for contact information, which includes such items as (i) email address; (ii) first and last name; (iii) state of residence; and (iv) age. We use the information from this Mailing List Sign-up Form to analyze product sales and distribution; marketing strategies; and to gather demographic information about customers in a particular area.
3.2. Employment Applicants. In the future, our Web Site may allow Visitors to submit employment applications to us. We may use the information we receive from these Visitors (i) to process the Visitors' employment applications, (ii) to contact references which may be identified in the applications, (iii) to collect and compile additional information concerning the Visitor from available sources, consistent with applicable law, and (iv) to evaluate the Visitor's candidacy for employment.
3.3. Processing Transactions and Requests. We will use contact information and other information that Visitors provide to us for purposes of processing their requests. In each of these instances, we use the information you provide to us strictly for the purposes for which you submit the information.
3.4. Informational Notices and Bulletins. Periodically, we may choose to send news, bulletins, marketing materials, or other information to you, and will use personally identifiable information to send such communications. If we choose to undertake such communications, you will have the ability to opt out of receiving these communications as provided in Section 6.
3.5. Anonymous, Aggregate Information. “Aggregate Information” is information that does not identify you, and may include statistical information concerning your use of our services, or the pages on our Site that you visit most frequently. We use Aggregate Information to analyze the effectiveness of our Site, to improve and tailor our services, and for other similar purposes. In addition, from time to time, we may undertake or commission statistical and other summary analyses of the general behavior and characteristics of users participating in our services and the characteristics of visitors at our Site, and may share Aggregate Information with third parties. Rest assured, though, that Aggregate Information provided to third parties will not allow anyone to identify you, or determine anything personal about you. We may collect Aggregate Information through features of the software that supports our services, through cookies, and through other means described below.
3.6. IP Addresses. Janome may automatically receive and record information in our server logs from your browser, including your IP address (the Internet address of your PC), your computer's name, the type and version of your web browser, referrer addresses and other generally-accepted log information. We may also record page views (hit counts) and other general statistical and tracking information, which will be aggregated with that of other users in order to understand how our Website is being used. None of this data contains personally identifiable information.
3.7. Cookies. A cookie is a small amount of data, which often includes an anonymous unique identifier, which is sent to your browser from a website's computers and stored on your computer's hard drive. Cookies can be used to provide you with a tailored user experience and to make it easier for you to use a website upon a future visit. We may include cookies and other similar technologies on our Website, and may use them to recognize you when you return to our Website. You may set your browser so that it does not accept cookies.
4. No Obligation to Consider Employment Applications. Due to the nature of the Internet and the structure of our Website, we may receive (i) substantially more applications through the Website than we are able or wish to review, (ii) applications which do not meet the requirements for positions that are available, and (iii) applications at times where no positions are currently available. Accordingly, there is no assurance that Janome will process or review materials that a Visitor submits seeking employment with Janome, and Janome expressly disclaims any obligation to engage in such processing or review, and disclaims any obligation to respond to any Visitor employment submissions.
5. We Do Not Disclose Information to Unaffiliated Third Parties; Limited Exceptions. We will not disclose your personally identifiable information to unaffiliated third parties without your express consent, except in the following limited circumstances:
5.1. Our Site Vendors. We may employ other companies to perform functions on our behalf, such as maintaining the Website, providing services related to the Site, collecting information, responding to and sending electronic mail, or other functions necessary to our business. We may need to share your personally identifiable information with these companies (collectively, "Site Vendors"). We will provide Site Vendors with only that information necessary to perform their functions, and we will not allow them to use your personally identifiable information for any other purpose.
5.2. Question of Harm. We may reveal your personally identifiable information to attorneys, private investigator organizations or law enforcement agencies if we believe (a) that you are in risk of harm from another, or (b) that you are harming or interfering (or will harm or interfere) with others or violating (either intentionally or unintentionally) our Terms and Conditions of Use or otherwise violating legal rights.
5.3. Legal. Janome will reveal your personally identifiable information, to the extent we reasonably believe we are required to do so by law, or to the extent needed to enforce contractual obligations between us. If we receive legal process calling for the disclosure of your personally identifiable information we will attempt to notify you via the email address you supplied during registration within a reasonable amount of time before we respond to the request, unless such notification is not permitted.
6. Changing or Removing Information; Opting Out.
6.1. Discretionary Account Information. To allow appropriate control over personally identifiable information, we will provide you with access to your information to change or update discretionary information that you have previously submitted.
6.2. Opt-Out. If we choose to send to you bulletins, updates, or other unsolicited communications that are marketing-related materials, we will provide you with the ability to decline – or “opt-out of” – receiving such communications. Instructions for opting-out will be provided if and when we determine to send you such a communication. Please understand that you will not be allowed to "opt–out" of formal notices concerning operation of this Website, and legal and other related notices concerning your relationship to the Site.
6.3. Deleting Information. Finally, if you request, we will remove your name and all other personally identifiable information from our databases. Please understand, however, that it may be impossible to remove this information completely, due to backups and records of deletions. In addition, please understand that, if you request deletion of your information, you will be unable to utilize associated features of our services. You may not remove de-identified or aggregate data from our databases.
7. Security. We have put in place security systems designed to prevent unauthorized access to or disclosure of information you provide to us, and we take all reasonable steps to secure and safeguard this information. Janome employees (and employees of our Site Vendors) are required to acknowledge that they understand and will abide by our policies with respect to the confidentiality of personally identifiable information.
Our security systems are therefore structured to deter and prevent hackers and others from accessing information you provide to us. We also use software programs to monitor network traffic to identify unauthorized attempts to upload or change information, or otherwise cause damage. Please understand, though, that this should not be read to warrant as fail-proof the security of information provided by or submitted to Janome. Due to the nature of Internet communications and evolving technologies, we cannot provide, and disclaim, assurance that the information you provide us will remain free from loss, misuse, or alteration by third parties who, despite our efforts, obtain unauthorized access.
8. Notice of Security Incident. If we detect, despite the safeguards set out above, an intrusion or other unauthorized access to or use of personally identifiable information (an "Intrusion"), we will (i) notify effected users of the Intrusion if the information at issue is sensitive, in our discretion, (ii) deliver this notice by the means we deem most efficient under the circumstances (such as, for example, first class mail or email); (iii) use contact information for each effected user that is current in our files; and (iv) use commercially reasonable efforts to accomplish these steps and effect this notice in a timely manner. To the extent applicable law requires steps in addition to those specified above, we will under all circumstances comply with applicable law.
10. Privacy Protection For Children. Our Website is not directed at children, and we will not accept or request personally identifiable information from individuals we know to be under 13. In accordance with the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act ("COPPA"), if we learn that a child under 13 has provided personally identifiable information, we will either (i) delete this information from our databases, in accordance with our deletion procedures, set out in Section 6.3, or (ii) obtain verifiable parental consent, in accordance with COPPA.
Janome America, Inc.
10 Industrial Ave.
Mahwah, NJ 07430
COPYRIGHT AND LEGAL NOTICE.
Copyright ©2007 Janome America, Inc. All Rights Reserved.