Pintuck Shadow Effects
Use colorful yarn or embroidery floss to add shadow effects to sheer fabrics.
Janome Supplies Required
Janome Sewing Machine
Pintuck Cord Guide
Fabric and Notions Required
2mm Twin needle
2 spools Janome Embroidery thread
Bright color embroidery floss/yarn
1. Insert the Twin needle into the machine.
2. Select a straight stitch. Set the stitch length to 3.0 and thread tension between 7.0 and 9.0.
3. Place a piece of the sheer fabric over the embroidery floss or yarn. The resulting color that shows through will be soft and pale. Match the thread color to this color.
4. Thread the twin needle and the bobbin with the embroidery thread.
5. Remove the bobbin cover and attach the pintuck cord guide.
6. Place yarn or embroidery floss in the guides to the left and right of the center guide.
7. Set the fabric under the presser foot. Lower the foot and start sewing. Be sure to continually check that the floss is properly passing through the guide as you sew.
Tip: Shallow-grooved guides can accommodate cord up to 1.5mm in diameter; deep-grooved guides, from 1.5 – 2.5mm in diameter.