Flat Felled Seams on Sheers
Flat felled seams are most commonly used in denim garments such as jeans. But this technique also gives a polished, professional finish on sheer fabrics such as lace, tulle, or georgette.
Janome Supplies Required
Janome Sewing Machine
Zigzag foot A
6mm Hemmer foot
Fabric and Notions Required
1. Set up the sewing machine for a straight stitch with a 2.0mm length.
2. Sew, wrong sides together, aligning the edge of the fabric with the edge of Zigzag foot A to yield a ½” seam allowance
3. Trim the bottom seam allowance to ¼”.
4. Press the seam to one side, with the larger seam allowance on top.
5. Attach the 6mm Hemmer foot.
6. Place the fabric under the foot. Insert the larger seam allowance into the curl of the foot and sew.