My thread bunches up under the fabric when I start to sew. What causes this? -Anonymous
Your problem may be caused by any of the following:
• Before lowering the presser foot make sure the fabric is completely under the foot just in front of the needle.
• Place the needle and bobbin thread under the presser foot before beginning to sew.
• Make sure the bobbin is in the bobbin case or holder correctly.
• Make sure you have the correct bobbin for your machine.
• If you have a mechanical machine with a front loading bobbin, make sure that the bobbin case is snapped into position.
• Check the threading of the machine. Is the thread through all of the thread guides, especially the take up lever?
• Be sure the bobbin thread has been brought up through the needle plate before starting to sew.