Janome - Learning Center

Topic Title: Needle off centre
Topic Summary:
Created On: 03/24/2013 06:36 PM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 03/24/2013 06:36 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
janiebella

I have the Janome 7700. The needle (brand new) is not centred in the FMQ foot (it is close to the left hand side of the foot) and when I switch the APC for FMQ, the needle is grazing the back edge of the hole so I don't use the APC. Has anyone had this problem? My machine was just serviced and I mentioned this to the technician and asked him to look at it. I was so happy to have the machine back that I neglected to ask him if it was fixed and I just took a look and the problem is still there. Has anyone else had this problem and if so, what is the solution?
Thanks!
 04/04/2013 06:12 PM

Author Icon
Bidow

Take it back and make him look while you are there so you know he saw it. Then hopefully he will fix it without a big labor cost to you.
 04/27/2013 06:38 PM

Author Icon
janiebella

He saw it and "fixed" it. He fixed it so that the needle is centred when the APC is set at DS1 for free motion quilting but when it is set for straight sewing the needle now grazes the front of the plate. Unfortunately the technician knows nothing about FMQ, and he is at an authorized dealer, It is now back for the third time and the problem is not resolved.
 06/28/2013 05:24 PM

Author Icon
walkerhrw

I purchased the FMQ kit and the bobbin case that is set correctly. Use this for FMQ and your problem will be solved. Optional products but worth the monies. Nanasneedles

-------------------------
Nanasneedles
 06/28/2013 07:28 PM

Author Icon
CherylAnn

When using the APC, you should only be using the DS settings. The other settings are for the regular sewing. A straight stitch shouldn't make any difference. If it causes you grief don't use the APC. I never thought it a great thing right from the get-go and I got one as soon as they were available in Canada. It couldn't have been that great as it was dropped off the next machine in the line up the 8900. My machine technician told me that he'd get me a regular needle plate if I didn't the one on it. I told him I'd look at that option if mine broke. It would require 2 for those who like a straight stitch plate - I'm not one of them.

Cheryl

-------------------------
Saskatoon, Saskatchewan Canada
Janome 15000, 12000, 4120, 760, 1200D Serger, Huskylock 926, Cover Pro 1000 & a few older sewing machines; my favourite computer games of DigitizerMBX v.4.5 with Cutwork, Floriani Total Control, & EQ7
 05/28/2014 07:15 PM

Author Icon
janiebella

I have FINALLY found a Janome dealer who has seen this problem of an off-center needle in other 7700s and it is a problem that can be fixed but only by Janome. My machine is going back to Janome be fixed. The dealer confirmed for me that the problem has nothing to do with bobbins, bobbin case, the APC or DS settings.
Statistics
90477 users are registered to the Janome forum.
There are currently 0 users logged in.