Janome - Learning Center

Topic Title: E3 Code on MC 6600P
Topic Summary:
Created On: 09/08/2011 12:08 AM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 09/08/2011 12:08 AM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
Mandy

I was merrily piecing table decorations for Christmas when all of a sudden my machine shuddered and immediately stopped..then on the screen appeared that dreaded E3error code.I then turned the machine for a minute or two and then turned it back on and now the machine is acting as if nothing had occurred.Is this a sign of ominous things to come? It did hear a tiny noise coming from either the bobbin or the tension disk area when this happened,but now I no longer hear the noise.

-------------------------
Janome MC 6600P,An Old Brother Wizard,Brother XR-65, A very old Singer sewing machine,Janome MyLock 634D,Sew Mate Serger
 09/08/2011 09:38 AM

Author Icon
MOM

Mandy as long as you know you have kept up with your service. I really would not worry about it. Just keep watching. If it happens again I would take it in to the dealer. Sometimes if the needle is not in right it will happen, or what surprised me was one day my thread in my bobbin kept breaking so I took out the bobbin ad saw a tiny crack in the bobbin. I think if we use our machines a lot the plastic bobbins get thinner and will crack, so now I check all of my bobbins before using them.

Hope this helps,

MOM
 09/08/2011 09:58 AM

Author Icon
Mandy

It is about time for the yearly service anyhow.I thought about opening my upper thread area compartment and giving it a good cleaning myself in the meanwhile.I did Google the different error codes on this machine I read that this particular code relates to upper thread area and the tensions(I am learning some new stuff here),if there is something is wrong with the machine,I definitely will not cry about it because I have made a lot of projects on this machine in the last two years and it has been a real trooper.

-------------------------
Janome MC 6600P,An Old Brother Wizard,Brother XR-65, A very old Singer sewing machine,Janome MyLock 634D,Sew Mate Serger
Statistics
86949 users are registered to the Janome forum.
There are currently 3 users logged in.