Janome - Learning Center

Topic Title: E2 Error Code
Topic Summary: Does anyone know how to fix an E2 or E1 error code
Created On: 10/05/2010 07:56 PM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 10/05/2010 07:56 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
bcatley

I have only used my machine three times. I was sewing on something and hit a dense spot, the needle bent slightly and the machine stopped. I straightened the needle, and when I had rotate it, it seems to work fine, but it will not run. I was getting an E2 error code. I turned it off and on and played with it for a while, and now I am getting an E1 error code.

Any help on how ot fix it would be greatly appreciated.
 10/05/2010 09:16 PM

Author Icon
devilcat

Call your dealer. If you have only used it 3 times, it should still be under warranty. Do not tinker with it yourself as you will void the warranty.

-------------------------
Ladysmith BC,Janome 12000, Bernina Record, Bernina 1150MDA serger, bit of a Luddite, garments not crafts
 10/27/2010 12:15 PM

Author Icon
jesels

I had almost the same thing happen to me with my new machine yesterday. I got an F1 message when I accidently sewed over a pin. After cleaning out the bobbin case I finally replaced the needle, even though I couldn't tell that it was bent. I turned the machine off and on and the F1 one message was gone and machine works fine. Hope this helps.

Joni
 12/15/2014 08:44 PM

Author Icon
JeffHendr

You did better than my wife did. She brought home her brand new 8900, plugged it in, and she got an "E2 Error" as soon as she lowered the needle to thread it. She didn't even get to sew a single stitch! The manual is pretty vague, so we'll see what the dealer says in the morning.

Edited: 12/15/2014 at 08:46 PM by JeffHendr
 12/16/2014 09:24 AM

Author Icon
digimad

To B Catly. If a needle bends even slightly , discard it. You state you rotated it, I have no idea which machine you own but needles have a front and a back, turning a needle around means it can't sew as its the wrong way around. Flat backed shanks must be inserted with the flat top end of the needle facing the back of the needle clamp. Round shanked needles need to be inserted with the long groove that sits above the needle eye facing forward and the scarf at the back. Here's a link to the anatomy of a domestic machine needle, anatomy of a machine needle

digimad

Edited: 12/16/2014 at 09:25 AM by digimad
 12/16/2014 09:59 AM

Author Icon
digimad

If you sew over pins and a needle strikes it, the force of the jarring can affect the timing at worse, blunt the needle at best. Needles don't stay sharp forever, thread passing backwards and forwards through the eye acts like a fine toothed saw and can create sharp edges or grooves in the eye that will shred thread. Needles like underwear need to be changed frequently.

Error codes, Janome in their wisdom do not give lists of error codes and their meanings, instead they provide a trouble shooting guide in their manuals. Unfortunately this does not assist a user when an error code pops up and there is no point of reference to look up.
So courtesy of Logiryan in 2007 here's his response to an E1 error code.
''1. Turn the machine off.
2. Put the needle in the lowest position.
3. Turn the machine on.

If you now get 'E2', you jammed the machine and it blew the fuse on the 'A' board.

Your dealer will have to replace this fuse.

Now an e3, courtesy of Mandy '' this particular code relates to upper thread area and the tensions''

E4 and E5 seem to be thread path issues, and that's all I have been able to discover.

digimad
FORUMS : Quilting : E2 Error Code

Topic Tools Topic Tools
Statistics
94125 users are registered to the Janome forum.
There are currently 3 users logged in.