Janome - Learning Center

Topic Title: embroider designs bigger than 5x7 on a 350E
Topic Summary:
Created On: 09/10/2013 08:26 PM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 09/10/2013 08:26 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
melkasval3

I have a 350E and I want to do a design larger than a 5x7. It's a 6x10 design and it won't load into "MY Designs" on my machine. Can I not do a designer larger than a 5x7? I have seen other hoops that can be purchased for larger designs. I bought my machine used and I do not have a dealer near me to learn all about my machine. So it's learn as I go and ask question here!
Thanks!
 09/10/2013 11:44 PM

Author Icon
CherylAnn

Your 350E is a machine that will sew only designs up to 5" X 7". You can't use the larger designs without splitting them using software and then doing more than one hooping. I recommend that you only buy designs that will fit in your hoops.

The MC12000 has the largest sewing field which is 230 X 300 mm and that is fairly large with a stitch limit of 100,000 stitches. The new machine that will be available in October has the same size sewing field but will have a larger maximum stitch count per design. These machines are sewing/embroidery machines and are more expensive.

Cheryl

-------------------------
Saskatoon, Saskatchewan Canada
HMC15000, many more sewing machine, and my computer game of DigitizerMBX v.4.5 with Cutwork
 09/10/2013 11:46 PM

Author Icon
mattes

Your MC 350e can stitch only 5x7 (hoop B), but Janome offers a Gigahoop to overcome this limitation. Basically it's two B hoop in one (minus some overlapping area), so it is good for 9x8 designs. Designs need to be split in two parts and the hoop is rotated during the stitch out. Software supporting Gigahoops is needed to do the splitting, AFAIK Janome offeres a bundle with both.

Personally I have no experiences with the Gigahoop nor do I know a person using it, but maybe someone in the forum can elaborate...

Mattes

StitchBuddy - Embroidery on Mac, iPhone and iPad
 09/11/2013 07:35 AM

Author Icon
melkasval3

Thank you both for your help. Luckily the 6x10 design was an optional appliqué design I can sew out the embroidered design so no loss on that purchase
I have been eyeing the new machines just nor sure I want another combination machine. I have the 9000 which I love to sew with. I will have to learn more about splitting designs I'm kinda curious about that. I have been asked if I can embroider a Large Initial and name on throw blanket and I guess that would be the only way.
Thanks again!
 09/11/2013 10:44 AM

Author Icon
digimad

Melkasval, unfortunately domestic embroidery only machines don't have large sewing fields unless you start looking at the multi needle machines. I wanted LARGE sewing fields, I love big designs, I know how to split designs, but even using split designs I yearned for the larger sewing fields. So I went down the industrial embroidery machine route. Not a solution for everyone i will admit, if you don't want a multi needle machine then you need to look at the combination sewing/embroidery machines on offer.

digimad
 09/13/2013 08:45 PM

Author Icon
melkasval3

Thanks Digimad.....I would love to have an industrial machine! Maybe someday )
Statistics
82854 users are registered to the Janome forum.
There are currently 0 users logged in.