Janome - Learning Center

Topic Title: hoop sizes for janome 350e
Topic Summary:
Created On: 09/12/2012 10:37 PM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 09/12/2012 10:37 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
pinkpatti

in the brochure here on the site for 350e ,when you go into PHOTOS/VIDEOS it states the 350e with" Built-In Flexability" .... you can choose from 4 hoop sizes !!!!

mine only speaks of 2 hoop sizes

can anyone shine a light on this for me
thanks

-------------------------
patricia
 09/13/2012 08:06 PM

Author Icon
GraceB

There are two optional hoops. There is a 2x2 Free Arm Hoop, and the Giga Hoop, which is approximately 9x8.

I'm not too familiar with the Giga Hoop. I believe it requires software, and some digitizing knowledge, to be able to increase the size of a design to use that hoop.

There are a lot of experts here who will be able to fully explain the Giga Hoop. I've read nothing but complaints about its difficulty, so I've never bothered to check into it any further.

The Free Arm Hoop allows you to do small designs on small areas, such as cuffs, collars, baby items, etc.

Brother Dreammaker XE, Janome 350E, Baby Lock Elizabeth, Janome 1110DX serger, MC 4000 (retired)
 09/13/2012 08:37 PM

Author Icon
pinkpatti

Thanks GraceB

patricia
 09/15/2012 04:37 AM

Author Icon
digimad

Patricia, the gigahoop is 2 x 140 by 200 mm sewing fields over lapped that allows you to combine two B hoop designs. What it doesnt do is increase the area of the machines sewing field. It needs an extension table to prevent it flapping up and down as it's wide. It's awkward and cumbersome to use. I bought one shortly after purchasing my Janome MC 10000, foolishly believing it would allow me to stitch larger designs. Too late I discovered my mistake, so it lanquished away inside it's box for a few years until someone mentioned they were desperate to get hold of one but really couldn't afford it. They now have it, free gratis, as I was happy to be rid of it.

I learnt to split designs instead, then when funds allowed purchased a machine with much bigger hoops.

digimad
Statistics
82788 users are registered to the Janome forum.
There are currently 1 users logged in.