Janome - Learning Center

Topic Title: MC12000 EMBROIDERY FILE ON USB
Topic Summary: NO INFORMATION ON HOW TO OPEN A *.JEF FILE FORM A USB ON NEW MC12000
Created On: 11/30/2011 01:31 AM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 11/30/2011 01:31 AM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
MELINDA

I RECENTLY PURCHASED A MC12000 AND AM HAVING THE SAME PROBLEM. THERE IS NO INFORMATION OF ANY KIND OF INSTRUCTION ON WHAT TO DO WITH A *.JEF FILE I DOWN LOADED FROM THE INTERNET. AS WITH JAEVANN, MY MACHINE DOES NOT RECOGNIZE ANYTHING ON THE DRIVE. DO I NEED TO GET A NEW USB DRIVE OR CAN I USE ONE WITH THINGS ON IT ALREADY? HOW DO I FORMAT THE USB DRIVE WHEN I PLUG IT IN TO MY MC12000? CAN I TRANSFER FILES DOWNLOADED ON TO MY MAC OF DO I HAVE TO USE MY HUSBAND'S PC? IS THERE ANY KIND OF REFERENCE MATERIAL AVAILABLE FROM JANOME ON HOW TO DO THIS; MY USER MANUAL SKIPS OVER THIS COMPLETELY?

MELINDA
 11/30/2011 09:07 AM

Author Icon
MOM

How to format is on page 89 Paragraph 2(10) and the title is Formatting Memory. It explains how to format the internal memory and also how to format your USB stick. A 2gb stick is recommended.

It is not an easy instruction to find, I know I had a hard time finding it as well. There are so many wonderful functions on our new machine it took me days to start using it after I received it.

The USB automatically formats as soon as you put it in the machine, however be sure you remove everything you have on it before formatting it should be a clean stick.

MOM
 11/30/2011 12:43 PM

Author Icon
jsm1144

Melinda-once you've calmed down, go to Yahoo groups and join Janome 12000. It's a group that is moderated by Jim Stutsman who is the MOST knowledgeable person about Janome products and computers in the world! (My world anyway)...(and relax, it's sewing for goodness sake!)
 11/30/2011 02:35 PM

Author Icon
MELINDA

Excellent. Thank you for the quick responses and great information. Not at machine right now but will jump on it tonight. Wanted to incorpate embroidered blocks into 2 quilts for Christmas. Will report back on my sucess.
 11/30/2011 05:30 PM

Author Icon
digimad

Hmmph, only sewing JSM, you want your ears boxed! Sewing has saved many a man's life as it's a way to forget just how little a man knows about a womans world, far more complex than a mans .{ :>
Grinning here like a cheshire cat, only sewing, that would have to be as bad as me saying to my DH when he was alive, Relax Ed its only football, a game, or Ed, its a car for goodness sake, not a blooming world crisis.

-------------------------
digimad
 11/30/2011 09:40 PM

Author Icon
MELINDA

YAHOO! OFF AND STITCHING. THANKS FOR YOUR HELP AND PAGE 89. WORKS FINE TRANSFERRING FILES FROM MAC ONCE USB FORMATTED BY MC12000.
Statistics
86972 users are registered to the Janome forum.
There are currently 0 users logged in.