Janome - Learning Center

Topic Title: New Embroidery machine 12000
Topic Summary: The new 12000
Created On: 10/02/2011 01:54 PM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
1 2 3 4 5 Next Last unread
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 10/02/2011 01:54 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
Jeane

I was at the sewing store yesterday and got to see the new 12000 as it was being unpacked, setup and used by the clerk. The store has been a Babylock dealer and has just added the Janomes to their line. The clerk, Annie set up the embroidery and began sewing. Her comment was WOW...she really liked the performance and it "sounded really good". She was impressed with the detachable arm and it's carrying case, the machine size, harp area, ease of use..., she did get a few notices about the thread breaking and to rethread machine and she liked that the sensor gave her the information immediately and the machine stopped. The hoops seem to be a bit narrower in height and easily slip under the foot and needle, they seem to be set much higher than the 11000. She had a bit of trouble setting the hoop onto the arm until she "got the feel for it". All it all...she was pleased and I got to see the machine first hand. The store is going to do a special workshop for the new machine after Annie gets familiar with the machine. It is a beauty!

-------------------------
Jeane, Coarsegold, CA (near Yosemite National Park)
MC11000 se, MC6500, FM-725, 525S, Compulock, 760 Jem,
White Serger
 10/02/2011 09:42 PM

Author Icon
Elaine52

I went to see it yesterday. I agree with everything you said. I was blown away when it was doing the embroidery it was quiter than some of the other machines I have seen. It is solid and much better built than some of the others out there.

She even said that she was impressed with the quality of the 12,000.

The only draw back for me; the price. I know all TOL machine are costly, but I could never justify to myself or my husband spending that kind of money on a sewing machine because for me, I would never do enough to make it pay for itself. I will never be able to own it. SO, I will get the new software and learn to be happy with what I have, my older Bernina, which is still a very nice machine.

Maybe, Janome will come out with another lower end machine close to the 12,000 that I will be able to afford.

But as far as the 12,000, it is one awesome machine and I was very impressed with what I saw.

Elaine

Janome 12,000, Janome Digitizer MBX, Bernina 1530, Elna Carina, Elna 704 Serger

Edited: 10/02/2011 at 09:44 PM by Elaine52
 10/04/2011 07:18 AM

Author Icon
marlasews55

I haven't seen the 12000 yet, but a lady quoted me $11,999 suggested retail value! Same here, I can probably never afford or justify the cost. I just got my 11000 fully upgraded to the Special Edition and traded in my 6500 to help offset the cost! Now I'm regretting it as all I have as a back up machine is a little student Janome machine!

The dealer is to call me, but I know there's no way even with a good trade-in that I could afford the 12000. I would need a job to support the payments and that would mean less time to sew!

Will see what the dealer has to say!

Thinking for $12,000 I could get a nice professional embrodery machine and just have a good sewing machine!

Marla

Marla Cooprider
Sews with Janome 12000, DC4030, Compulock Serger

"A bad day in the sewing room is better than a good day in the office." ~Unknown
 10/04/2011 09:13 AM

Author Icon
Elaine52

Well, you are not alone in your thoughts. I am 58 and looking forward to retirement, not getting a second job to pay for it.

The 12,000 would be a dream to own, yet, I just cannot do it. Maybe if I were rich and had money that I would never miss I could, but this is much too much for me and one thing is for sure, I am not making payments on a sewing/embroidery machine. No way. I will get the software.

It is a beautiful machine and I love it, but it is out of my price range.

Elaine

Elaine

Janome 12,000, Janome Digitizer MBX, Bernina 1530, Elna Carina, Elna 704 Serger
 10/04/2011 10:32 AM

Author Icon
marlasews55

I totally agree, Elaine! While I dearly love my Janome machines, $12000 outright for a machine is just way too much money for the average person!

Marla

Marla Cooprider

"A bad day in the sewing room is better than a good day in the office." ~Unknown
 10/04/2011 01:24 PM

Author Icon
MOM

Marla

Your dealer may take into consideration that you just upgraded which will make your existing 11,000 worth more. You might be surprised what you can work out if you talk to him/her and tell him about what you could afford and maybe he can work with you.

MOM
 10/04/2011 03:57 PM

Author Icon
marlasews55

I wondered about that too. Still probably just dreaming here. I like my 11000 SE but the features I see on the 12000 are really nice. Guessing by the time I could ever afford one, there will be the 13000!

Marla

Marla Cooprider

10/04/2011 04:03 PM

Author Icon
MOM

Probably not for anther 5 years. That is when the 11,000 first came out.

Now the dealers are in Introductory prices.

MOM
 10/04/2011 07:23 PM

Author Icon
marlasews55

It would probably take me that long to save enough to buy it!

Are introductory prices higher or lower, by the way? Maybe there will be some specials later on?

I'm looking at my 11000 upgraded to the SE and thinking it's probably more than enough for me. Lately I've been interested in heirloom sewing and learning to hand smock. The ladies of long ago made beautiful garments and they sure didn't have these fancy machines! But it took much longer to make those beautiful garments.

Will see what my dealer offers whenever he gets time to work up a price. Guess in addition to having two stores, he's a farmer and harvesting crops! Busy man!

Thanks for your input!

Marla

Marla Cooprider

10/04/2011 07:41 PM

Author Icon
CherylAnn

Hi,

Introductory prices are lower. I phoned a dealer in Calgary, Alberta and they are offering the machines at $8900. Don't know what the price will be in Saskatchewan, yet. Pricey but I'll have one anyway and not take a holiday or something. The machine launch here will be on October 15th and I'll reserve my spot to see the machine and the software.

Cheryl

Saskatoon, Saskatchewan Canada
Janome 15000, 12000, 4120, 760, 1200D Serger, Huskylock 926, Cover Pro 1000 & a few older sewing machines; my favourite computer games of DigitizerMBX v.4.5 with Cutwork, Floriani Total Control, & EQ7

Edited: 10/04/2011 at 07:42 PM by CherylAnn
 10/05/2011 08:24 AM

Author Icon
marlasews55

Oh wow! A lady with my local dealer here in Indiana, USA told me the "suggested retail price" was $11,999. She isn't the one who makes the decisions, so not sure if that is what our local dealer is selling them for or not. Hope not! If he would sell one for $9000 and give me a really good deal on my 11000 that I had fully upgraded recently to the Special Edition I might consider it...that is, if my hubby agreed!

Still a lot of money, but $3000 off would help!

Marla

Marla Cooprider

10/07/2011 01:51 PM

Author Icon
linlou

What embroidery design format does the 12000 use? Is it not the same as the 11000? If it is different then all old designs would not work without the proper equipment and another cost. My 9000 uses SEW which hasn't been used in awhile.
 10/07/2011 02:18 PM

Author Icon
MOM

The new machine will accept the new format that is exclusive to the machine and the JEF Janome format which has been available for over 5 yeears. Any Janome designs in the Janome formats will be accepted to the new machine.

MOM
 10/07/2011 02:27 PM

Author Icon
linlou

Thank you for the response. I would love to own one of the machines, but it is a bit pricey. I am going to do some haggling with my local shop and see what I can come up with.
 10/07/2011 02:31 PM

Author Icon
marlasews55

I thought I posted this while ago but didn't! My dealer called me today and sadly he can't give me enough of a trade-in. Even though I just had my 11000 upgraded to the SE, he says it will still cost $6000-$7,000 with a trade-in. He can give me a little more with my accessories but still not going to be enough! He says he might be able to come down on the price of the 12000 if I just bought it outright and sold mine current machine myself. But he is evidently sticking with the suggested retail price of $11,999 as the "introductory price" and then about $5000 for an 11000 SE or 11000 that was upgrade to the SE. So much for my dream machine for now anyway. Maybe it's best to wait to see how it does before jumping in and buying one. But I sure don't want to spend that much. He agreed for the price of the 12000 I could get a 16-needle professional embroidery machine (Bravo) that he sells or the Janome MB-4 which is a 4-needle. I think he would sell the MB-4 at about $7000.

I just can't justify the price even though I have a little sewing business! Not making much money for that!

Anyone else getting better deals on their SE? I live in central Indiana.

Marla

Marla Cooprider

10/07/2011 03:52 PM

Author Icon
marlasews55

Cheryl Ann,
Is that buying the machine outright? Just wondering because I think I could get about $5000 on my 11000 that was upgraded according to my dealer with a trade-in. But he won't come down on the $11,999 with a trade-in.

Marla

Marla Cooprider

10/07/2011 05:01 PM

Author Icon
MOM

Marla:

the price your dealer is quoting is the USA price. You might want to go to your dealer and tell him that you would love the machine and maybe he can do a little better. If you have feet or accessories e.g. feet that did not come with your machine or clothsetter and thread stand perhaps he will lower the price a bit or maybe he can give you 0% financing.

MOM
 10/07/2011 06:20 PM

Author Icon
oddduck25

I saw the 12000 today. It is definitely shiny and new, and not worth selling my 11000 v3.0. I thought it was neat that the largest hoop (9x11.8") is a single hoop, not split like the previous largest hoops. The 9mm stitch width makes a noticable difference with the decorative stitches, making them look closer to small embroidery designs, which was neat. While the larger two hoops use the magnetic closers like the accufil hoops, the accufil layout tool is completely gone, as is the motorized needle threader.

When I think about trading in my 11K, I can't help but notice the accessories that just aren't available yet for the 12k, like a hat hoop, a helper for hooping embroidery (it's not on the extension table anymore), and that none of my extra presser feet will work on the new one, due to the wider stance of the feed dogs. Also, I personally love the size of the RE hoop, which is roughly 5x7". The 12K has a 5x5 and a 9x9, but nothing in between. I think there should be something in between, as the 5x5 may be tight for most of what I embroider, and the 9x9 may be larger than the object being embroidered sometimes. I also had someone measure the depth of the machine with the embroidery arm open, and it's 27" from the front of the machine to the tip of the embroidery arm. This is nearly deeper than the table I have! Add the price to all of that, and I am still loyal to my current machine. It is shiny, though

12000, 11000SE v3.0, 1200D, CoverPro 1000CP, DigiPro MBX v4.0
 10/07/2011 06:33 PM

Author Icon
MOM

One of the added features that has not been addressed is the built in editing software. Even those many of us have the Digitizer Software, those that do not are going to be able to do some excellent editing directly from the machine to their laptop and those of us that have the new digitizer software can do much more than we ever imagined by using the editing software from the machine and bringing it into digitizer. I too have the 11K Ver 3.0 and am thinking I am going to miss the Acu program but to be honest we still had to take it to our computers to do the final printing of templates. Templates can now be printed directly from the machine via our connected laptops.

The built in designs are the most beautiful I have ever seen and the candlewicking is raised like it should be. Built in lace designs and quilters will love it. I do not do free motion but will do it all in the new hoops.

MOM
 10/07/2011 07:30 PM

Author Icon
marlasews55

I mentioned to my dealer (phone conversation) that someone on the Janome forum had mentioned they could get the 12000 for about $9000 in Canada. He questioned whether that was American currency. I told him I was sure it was but he didn't really respond. I'm not sure how willing he would be to negotiate as I have only dealt with him recently to get my 11000 upgraded. The man I used to buy machines through is no longer in business.

So I need to take my machine and accessories in sometime and see how serious he is about selling a 12000. I do have the clothsetter and a lot of extra feet as well as a lot of hoops. So none of my feet for my 11000 will work? What a bummer! I have the ruffler foot and several other special feet that did not come with the machine!

As far as financing he mentioned he can do six months same as cash which I don't want to do. No way can I pay $6000-$7000 off in six months. Then he mentioned he was in the process of other finance options. It's still just way more than I want to pay.

I'm certainly not going to make any rash decisions here. I will talk to him again but he will have to willing to work with me more if he wants to sell one to me. The dealer I used to work with made decent deals with me as I had bought several machines from him. I used to teach some classes and had several of the basic machines.

I'm also thinking someday I'd like to get the Horizon as I traded in my 6500. But I do a lot of sewing of garments and the 6500 did not have the free arm. The Horizon does!

If anyone knows of some good deals, please let me know. But guessing best to buy from a local dealer.

Thanks,
Marla

Marla Cooprider

FORUMS : Embroidery : New Embroidery machine 12000

1 2 3 4 5 Next Last unread
Topic Tools Topic Tools
Statistics
91985 users are registered to the Janome forum.
There are currently 3 users logged in.