HI, sorry couldn't figure out how to do a new post
I have a problem with digitizer jnr. When I import designs into the software, and then transfer to my machine, the stitching changes from when I put it directly into my machine.
For example, I just used digitizer jnr to combine two designs, and didnt' change any of the features of the actual designs. The stitch out was different to the one I had done previously without putting through digitizer. It has totally reforrmated one part of the design, so instead of having open stitches it has a solid band, and also it has put in some satin stitch on one part of a leaf where there shouldn't have been. I asked the shop people where I bought it, and also Janome, who could find nothing wrong. the answer I got was that other software had ripped off the digitizer software. This may be so, but as the end user where does this war leave me. Ruined designs
I have also had it happen on lace, where one part of the design stitches out denser when put trhough digitizer, and several other occassions.
Please, has this happened to anybody else, and have you resolved it
Can I ask if you made copies of the original designs before taking them into JNR, giving them a slightly different name, for example adding a 1 or a. Also had you "saved" the design before sending to the machine, and did you check the format first in the SAVE AS TYPE dialogue box before you did it.
Jnr is a digitising program with some of the atrributes of its big brother Digitiser Pro, neither of which is an editing program, they are intended to be used as original design creators that are made up of "object" components, each object containing a formula that the stitch engine uses when creating a stitch format. Having said that it is possible to use Jnr or Pro as an editing program as long as you are aware of how the programs "see" stitch files.
When you open a predigitised design in a stitch format, Jef, Pes, Hus etc, the program "sees" the design as small block of stitches. I just opened a Jan design self created, which had a single object for a fill area, saved it as a jef, reopened the Jef design and had 67 stitch blocks for that single object. Now because it is a digitising program it also assigns tools to those stitch blocks, based on the only information a stitch file has, hoop co ordinates and distance travelled between each co ordinate. My original Jan object had a formula within it, use this fill type, this density, this fill angle, this stitch length, this pull compensation setting, and this underlay setting. None of that exists in a stitch format. The proram has to make a judgement call on the only information it has, and that is the X,Y co ordinates, and distance between them, if there is a needle up or needle down instruction.
In my original file which was a Jan, I had used weave fill 1, stitch spacing (density) )0.40 mm, stitch length 4.20 mm, fill angle 0, weave fill and edge run underlay. The Stitch format didnt know that, all it knew was it had to go to point a and drop then raise a needle then travel so far to point b and drop then raise a needle. It didnt care what fill type, density setting, angle of fill, underlay type or stretchiness allowance was used, all it wanted to know was when do I drop a needle and how far must I move the hoop and which co ordinate do I need. When I checked the settings the original Jan object settings werent available, but the program had used the information it had gleaned from the stitch blocks, the new settings were, weave fill 1, stitch spacing 0.45mm, 4.84 stitch length, no underlay, no fill angle, no stretch allowance
My next step was to replicate the next step in the process which in your case would be to send your design to your machine, in my case I resaved the design as was, without altering the format first, my reason, the program defaults to JAN, and then reconverts to Jef automatically as it prepares it for sending. So I renamed mine, opened it, then rechecked the settings, as I know 90% of users don't realise the program as it sees the stitch blocks, converts them to objects and defaults to Jan. The settings had remained as they were on the previous save, so I resaved as Jef to replicate the next step in the process when you send to your machine. Closed the design, reopened the Jef and checked the settings, Weave fill 1, stitch spacing 0.52, stitch length 5.48 mm, my stitch blocks had increased to 74 for that one original Jan object in the first design I had created.
So why had it changed so drastically, well firstly because Jnr or Pro arent stitch file editors, and secondly I had not reset each individual stitch blocks stitch details, nor had had I made certain that my original Jan design had NO STRETCHINESS allowance. A very bad practise for a manual digitiser but one that has a huge impact on pre digitised designs when opened in a digitising program, as digitising programs have automatic default settings for strechiness (pull comp) built in. By allowing the program to default to the object format, I was also adding additional pull comp to the one already used originally. If your purchased designs were digitised by a competent digitiser they would have set pull compensation as they were digitising.
The reason your designs change after putting them into Jnr before sending them to your machine is you have gone through Jnr probably with the design open on Jnr's screen, it has defaulted to Jan and must go through another stitch file conversion. By all means use Jnr as transfer tool to your machine, but navigate to the unopened stitch files and select then send. Use jnr to create your own designs, use an editor to arrange stitch files.