Janome - Learning Center

Topic Title: giga hoop with kenmore elite 19005
Topic Summary:
Created On: 05/03/2011 11:38 AM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 05/03/2011 11:38 AM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
thebeautymark

My machine is the Kenmore Elite 19005 and I have the customizer 19010 software with my embroidery machine. I would like a bigger hoop and the giga hoop D is the only one I can find that will work with my machine. Will I be able to use this hoop with the software I have?
 05/03/2011 02:41 PM

Author Icon
CherylAnn

You should be able to use what you have. The giga hoop is actually 2 5X7 hoops - I hope that was explained to you. It doesn't work the same way as Janome's MC11000 that has space for the 8" square hoop. You need to have special designs for the giga hoop or have software that will split designs. I'm only familiar with Digitizer and that program can be used to split designs but it is not easy. I suggest that you only get designs that are meant for that hoop.

Cheryl

PS: Someone with more experience for your machine may pop in here with more. Your dealer should be able to help you.

-------------------------
Saskatoon, Saskatchewan Canada
Janome 15000, 12000, 4120, 760, 1200D Serger, Huskylock 926, Cover Pro 1000 & a few older sewing machines; my favourite computer games of DigitizerMBX v.4.5 with Cutwork, Floriani Total Control, & EQ7
 05/03/2011 04:29 PM

Author Icon
craftychipmunk

The Digitizer MB Pro software will automaticially spilt your design for the MA (200x280) hoop (MC11000/11000SE) when you go to load it onto your flash card or memory stick. Not sure if it will do this for the giga hoop that goes with the machines other than the 11000. The only exception I have come across where it won't spilt the design is when you have a solid color that goes through both frames, such as a border/frame around the whole design. It can't spilt that for some reason, I've tried and it just won't do it and gives you an error message saying it can't do it.

As for the Kenmore Elite 19005, I don't think it is capable of using the giga or MA hoops. One of the reasons I sold my Kenmore and went to the Janome 11000 series, better hoop selections, Even though Kenmore is made by Janome, I do believe you a limited to the one hoop that comes with the machine.

MC11000SE
Babylock Imagine serger
Digitizer Pro/MB
Calgary AB
 05/03/2011 05:06 PM

Author Icon
MOM

The Digi/pro does not always split your design. there are some designs that do not split.

It is a long explanation why but I did not want everyone to think that it splits all.
also the Giga Hoop is not the MA Hoop.

The Giga Hoop is as CherylAnn said it is 2 5x7 design areas and the designs must be created for the Giga hoop lining up. Trus me it is a nightmare.

MOM

the Maco hoop as as you said for the 11,000.
 05/03/2011 09:51 PM

Author Icon
craftychipmunk

Yes Mom, As I did state in my earlier post, Digi Pro does not spilt all designs. You really don't know what designs it will spilt until you try it. Either it does and doesn't.

As for the giga hoop and the MA hoop, there are few differences between the two hoops. The MA hoop only fits the 11000 series machines and the giga hoop fits all the other current Janome embroidery machines, at least to my knowledge, and the way the two hoops connect to the embroidery arm of their respective machines. Use to own a 300E and had the giga hoop, so I know the differences between the two hoops and how to work them. And yes the giga hoop is a little more of a nightmare to use.

As for the sizes, each hoop is basically 2 4x5 inch hoops, that overlap, in one hoop, not 2 5x7 inch. I believe the MA hoop has slightly larger stitching area than the Giga hoop.

MC11000SE
Babylock Imagine serger
Digitizer Pro/MB
Calgary AB
 05/04/2011 06:54 AM

Author Icon
digimad

Digipro V3.0p can split designs for any of the hoops it supports, the methods for doing it are slightly different depending on the designs.
The Gigahoops for those machines which have a 140 by 200 mm sewing field are as Cheryl and mom have pointed out, 2 overlapped 140 by 200mm hoops, (5.51 inches x 7.874 inches) Giving a total embroidery area of 230mm x 200mm (9.1inches x 7.874 inches ) they do not increase the machines sewing field, which at it's maximum is 140 x 200 mm. There isnt a Gigahoop that is 2 combined hoops of 4x5 inches supported by DPro v3.

As very few designs fully occupy the entire maximum sewing field, the Gigahoop is designed to exploit that. The overlap area in the centre of the hoop can be utilised by both designs, if they do not invade the sewing field of each other. If you wish to stitch 2 L shapped designs, one must be rotated so it's foot does not stitch over the foot of the other. It is not the easiest of hoops to master as Mom has pointed out, aligning split designs even with the aid of the clothsetter is a nightmare.

If you have DPro V3.0p Auto splitting over large designs can be accomplished by using the COMBINE, CALCULATE hoopings function in the layout and customising tool bars. Open the design you wish to split, click on the COMBINE icon, your screen will change and your design will have turned black with parts showing green inside a broken blue rectangle. That represents whichever hoop you have selected in the hoop filter. Now click on the hoop icon with a plus sign next to it, and a second broken line rectangle will appear directly over the original, left click on it and keeping your left mouse depressed move that rectangle, once you have 2 rectangles showing you can move them to cover the designso all parts turn green. You an use as many rectangles as needed, rotate them to get maximum coverage. Then when you can no longer see any black parts in the design, click on the CALCULATE hoopings. If you have not ensured the whole design has turned green, you will be told at this stage. If the design is fully covered, the program will then, based on the colour stops and sequencing split the design. It will tell you how many hoopings the design will need.

Before you exit the combine mode go to the FILE drop down menu and select print preview, use the OPTIONS tab and ask for embroidery elements, CLOTHSETTER markings, and don't ask for template mode or stitch simulation. Hit ok and you will see the design with several + with numbers. That is the master template. Don't take fright at the number of hoopings it might say you need to make, my first attempt needed 22 hoopings, I reduced that to 5 by simply rotating the hoops used, removing some, and to do that you use the hoop icon with the minus sign, and jiggling the positions of my hoops untill the whole design had turned green.

When you have a satisfactory result, save your result, the program creates the splits centred in the chosen hoop, forget about using the Gigahoop its too haphazard, use your standard machine hoops, sequences each part so the finished stitchout resembles a non split design, and gives you the colour change sequence for each hooping.

In the meantime go and view this video, it shows how you combine designs for use in the Giga hoop.
Gigahoop part one
combine designs no gigahoop the second video shows how to achieve the same result without a gigahoop.

digimad

Edited: 05/04/2011 at 06:57 AM by digimad
 05/04/2011 01:25 PM

Author Icon
digimad

I've just uploaded a very rushed video to you tube showing how Digitiser Pro version3.0p can be used to split large designs for machines whose largest sewing field is 140mm x 200mm Link to youtube video.

digimad
Statistics
91519 users are registered to the Janome forum.
There are currently 0 users logged in.