Janome - Learning Center

Topic Title: Janome MB 4
Topic Summary: software
Created On: 02/24/2011 03:24 PM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 02/24/2011 03:24 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
warrencr

I just purchased a used Janome MB4. I want to connect to the computer to get designs from the internet. I do not want to digitize on my own. What type of software would I need to do this.. The Digitizer MB is way too expensive.
coule I use Embird or something like that?
 02/24/2011 03:41 PM

Author Icon
mattes

For transferring designs from the net to your embroidery machine no additional software is needed. The machine shows up like a removable USB media at the computer, or accepts USB sticks / ATA cards that can be written with the Windows Explorer (or Mac OS X Finder if you're using a Mac).

Anyway, a program to view/print designs or make small adjustments might become handy sometimes. For Windows there are even free ones like Ambassador, Truesizer, MyEditor, or you may purchase Embird. Mac users might look at StitchBuddy, Convert-It-Mac, or Embrilliance Essentials ...

Mattes

-------------------------
StitchBuddy - Embroidery on Mac, iPhone and iPad
 02/24/2011 04:45 PM

Author Icon
warrencr

I have connected the cords from the machine to my computer but nothing comes up. I have Windows 7 64 bit. Could that be the problem?
 02/24/2011 05:57 PM

Author Icon
digimad

You cannot communicate directly to your machine through your computer without Janomes Digitiser Pro MB. however if you have the RCS unit, an optional accessory, it has a USB or Compact flash card port, so you have the option to transfer designs to an external media device, the USB or compact flash card, and your MB4 will read the contents.

Janomes software is the only thing that can create a direct PC to MB4 link, it works in the same way as most industrial embroidery machines and their associated software. I have to use a windows 95 computer in order to communicate directly to one of my industrial embroidery machines via a very old copy of Husqvarna software, it does have an option to use a floppy disc for transfering designs, but it's an old serial port interface so not an option I can utilise. My other industrial embroidery machine has a usb external media port so I can utilise a usb to transfer designs. In order to communicate directly to the machine via a PC to machine link, I would have to purchase one particular digitising suite costing several thousand dollars. I use the usb option.

digimad
 02/24/2011 06:44 PM

Author Icon
warrencr

Thank you. I am having trouble transfering through the USB. I send it to the usb and when I put it in the machine and open the file nothing comes up. I put the usb in my husbands computer just to see if anything came up and it showed the file. Of course he couldnt open it because he doesnt have softeare. I have Dakota sizer and my Singer XL6000 conversion tool. What am I doing wrong? Thank you for your help.
 02/24/2011 07:13 PM

Author Icon
digimad

You have to insert a blank USB stick into your MB4 and format it. It will write a folder onto the usb stick. When its finished you can then remove it, pop it into your PC, open it and you should have a folder called something like EMB, open it if there is another folder open that, and that is where you paste designs in.

digimad
 02/25/2011 12:53 AM

Author Icon
mattes

I'm sorry that I misinformed you so bad about the direct PC link: Although the statement about USB pen drives / ATA cards not requiring additional software holds true, I completely messed up the PC link part! My only explanation: I must have thought of other EMs (e. g. Brothers) which act as I described ...

Thanks for the correction, digimad!

Mattes

StitchBuddy - Embroidery on Mac, iPhone and iPad
 02/25/2011 04:53 AM

Author Icon
digimad

Mattes, I only recently found out the MB4 doesnt have an option to use a usb or CF card transfer option if you don't buy the optional RCS unit with the machine. The sub control panel on the machine doesn't support either a flash card or usb stick. At least my industrial machines have the option to use external media devices without having to buy an extra gadget. It seems at the moment they don't provide an option to buy replacements for them either, which is a bit off if the one you own fails.

digimad

Edited: 02/25/2011 at 06:10 AM by digimad
 02/25/2011 08:32 PM

Author Icon
warrencr

No problem. I guess I am USB challenges. Still cant get it.
 02/25/2011 08:35 PM

Author Icon
warrencr

I noticed that. Guess you have to have the software. Which is $1000.00. Didnt know that when I bought it
 02/26/2011 08:33 PM

Author Icon
warrencr

Well finally by trail and error. I got It . HAHA on to the next thing!!
 03/01/2011 10:28 AM

Author Icon
warrencr

Hi
I have a new question. When the bobbin runs out while stitching. Can you back up the machine to where it ran out? Or is my project ruined?
Thanks
 03/01/2011 12:11 PM

Author Icon
digimad

Do you have the MB4 instruction manual? you'll find directions on page 30. If not let me know.

digimad
 03/04/2011 09:43 AM

Author Icon
apteam

Hello dear, I am user of MB4 since 2007 when it was first introduced to the market. MB4(home embroidery machine) is not like any other commercial machine which already has at least one input device and can communicate with third part input devices.
There are two ways to input design into machine Through 'Digitizer MB Pro' a full digitizing software which can communicate(via USB cable) with three machines simultaneously. OR through a RCS unit which has one USB port and one ATA memory card reader. Janome don't sell RCS units alone, only with a new machines. If your vendor didn't gave you RCS unit OR software with your machine, you must buy a RCS unit if someone is selling it separately in open market OR you must buy Janome's Digitizing MB Pro software.

Thanks
 03/04/2011 09:48 AM

Author Icon
warrencr

Thank you, guess they have us coming and going. Have the RCS but would love the software. Maybe later..
 03/06/2011 06:25 PM

Author Icon
namora

I have a new MB4. I had trouble. Was putting some designs onto Macro-Hoop in Customizer and they did not show up on MB4. Problem: Put designs onto 8x8 hoop. then it shows up. It does not recognize Macro hoop. Solve ur problem?
 03/06/2011 07:54 PM

Author Icon
warrencr

thank you I will try.
 04/04/2012 06:46 PM

Author Icon
chelseachico

Hi there!
I am truly interested in the Janome MB4 machine but want to know when it was first introduced into the Janome lineup. I think from what I read, it was back about five years ago. Was wondering if there is any word about a new one in the near future? I have a chance to purchase a used one but afraid incase a new version will be coming out soon, just like the MC12000 did last fall. Can anyone help me with this please?
Jan
FORUMS : Embroidery : Janome MB 4

Topic Tools Topic Tools
Statistics
91653 users are registered to the Janome forum.
There are currently 1 users logged in.