Janome - Learning Center

Topic Title: Janome 9700 Accessories
Topic Summary:
Created On: 05/14/2010 11:16 AM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 05/14/2010 11:16 AM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
getsoiane

Hi,
I just purchased my 9700, I have two questions: My dealer thinks I should purchase the Giga Hoop Kit however, I was reading the manual and noticed that the Card Reader 10000 is needed to use memory cards. I'd like to be able to save files and also to download designs from the Internet and use them with my 9700. Do I have to by the Janome Card Reader 10000 or will any card reader that has the correct cable do? Will this Kit allow me to transfer files from my PC to my machine or should I purchase the Giga Hoop Digitizer Kit?

New & Confused.
Thanks for any help.
 05/14/2010 01:43 PM

Author Icon
MOM

The Giga Hoop is not a digitizing software program as far as I know, It is a hoop that is not very user friendly and at this time is a discontinued hoop by Janome. If you dealer has it it is an older accessory.

I am not familiar with the 9700 perhaps someone that has that machine or is more familiar with it can inform you what is used for the method of transfer.

MOM
 05/14/2010 04:59 PM

Author Icon
digimad

I own a gigahoop, I don't have the card reader it isn't required, however I think you would be better served learning how to hoop properly with the Bhoop (140 mm x 200mm) and if you want to mirror 2 designs, which is what the Gigahoop was used for, simply re hoop and mirror the design then restitch it.
The Gigahoop is 2 b hoops overlapped in the centre, you stitch side one, remove the hoop from the machine, turn it around by 180 degrees, re attach it to the machine and stitch the second part of the design.
Save your pennies and buy a Janome clothsetter instead or extra threads and stabilisers.
As for downloading designs, then using them on the machine,
If you look at the right hand side of your 9700 you will see a card slot, you can use Janomes own cards, or Compact Flash cards with an adaptor,
link to adaptorslink to adaptors
link to compact flash cardslink to compact flash cards
link to card reader writerslink to reader writers
maximum size of card you need is 526 MB, if it says GB forget it ,that site has cards ranging from 16 mb up to 526 mb all perfect for your 9007 machine.
link to smaller standard compact flash cardslink to smaller standard compact flash cards.
Now take a trip to this site and download the tutorials offered, fantastic source of no nonsense help.
Everything you might find you need know is there, all in a downloadable format.

-------------------------
digimad
Statistics
83015 users are registered to the Janome forum.
There are currently 0 users logged in.