Janome - Learning Center

Topic Title: Janome 10001 & Windows Vista
Topic Summary: I can't get Vista to save designs to 10001
Created On: 03/13/2010 09:56 PM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
<< 1 2 3 Previous Next Last unread
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 03/18/2010 08:00 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
EmbroideryDiva

OK, that made me laugh out loud! Digimad, you are as bad as I am! Good for you! I figure that once I can afford to get a larger machine (15 needles), I will write the check out faster than my machine dealer can finish the quote. HA!

By the way, do any of you know a really good online store that sells wholesale embroidery thread? I am currently using Coats Silko, Isacord, and Superior.

Thanks!
 03/18/2010 09:10 PM

Author Icon
campbellkid

Try this website for affordable embroidery thread: www.metroemb.com The quilters on another forum are using it for quilting, and for embroidery and say it works wonderfully.

-------------------------
Sarah in Indiana
MC10001
MC 9500
6600P
Singer Featherweight

Edited: 03/18/2010 at 09:13 PM by campbellkid
 03/19/2010 04:31 PM

Author Icon
EmbroideryDiva

Thanks, Sarah! I emailed them yesterday after I got your recommendation and they already got back to me. FAST response. Thanks so much!
 03/25/2010 03:52 AM

Author Icon
sewlovely55

If I trade up, believe me it will not be to a Janome. I do not like their policies. It is as if they are trying to force us to buy the 11,000 and I don't want that machine!

Anyway I cannot transfer to PC because Vista does not recognize the dongle What I did was get the Digitizer Studio digitizing program by Embird, and then I used customizer 10,000 to transfer the designs. Customizer works very well in transferring the designs. But the Digitizer I payed $700 for from Janome is useless.

When I try to open Digitizer 10,000 I get the error message "Janome.exe has stopped working. Windows is closing the program and will try and find a solution". Of course it never does! I like my 10,001 but I think my next machine will be a Pfaff or a Bernina.
 03/25/2010 03:52 AM

Author Icon
sewlovely55

Use Customizer 10,000 to connect. That is what I do.
 03/25/2010 03:55 AM

Author Icon
sewlovely55

How is the 6600. I am looking at that machine but I am almost afraid to buy. I need it because of the speed. The MC 10001 is a little slow when it comes to sewing.
 03/25/2010 04:13 AM

Author Icon
sewlovely55

Maybe I should check out an industrial embroidery machine. I would like one with the capability of using a borderless hoop like Digimad was talking about. Are they difficult to learn?
 03/25/2010 09:32 AM

Author Icon
MOM

When Customizer 10,000Plus to compatibility for Vista and the 350E machine?Do I install the original CD then go directly to the Vista update or is there another procedure
 03/25/2010 10:54 AM

Author Icon
EmbroideryDiva

They are not difficult to learn - they are intimidating because they are so much bigger than a sewing machine. My Brother PR620 weighs over 80 pounds. But, once you go with a professional machine you will never use your Janome for embroidery again. Just keep in mind that each machine has its own machine "language". That means that if Jaome uses .SEW, .JAN., and .JEF files, Brother will use .PES or .DST files. If you don't stay with Janome, then you will have to convert these files. I do this by using Digitizer Pro MB. There are other conversion solutions out there but I will have to rely on our Janome group to tell you what they are.

No matter what machine you choose, they always have a maximum embroidery speed. When sewing with metalic threads or stitching out delicate designs, you MUST take your time. Otherwise you will be rethreading the machine because either the thread will break or shred, or you will ruin the fabric. You must have patience. (Not something I have an abundance of....)

I, too, had trouble with the dongle. Please contact Janome support because they will help you fix this quickly. If I recall, the problem was because the installation files were saved in the wrong place during installation. Good luck!
 04/13/2010 07:04 PM

Author Icon
SewFanatic

devilcat in question to your response to the MC10001 compact flashcard issue back on 3/18/2010, I have been having the similar problems with Windows 7.

I was wondering with your solution to purchase a reader/writer could you possibly tell me which one is best and hopefully compatible with Windows 7 and the compact flash cards? I did look on line at memorysuppliers.com but need to be sure before purchasing. Please help.

Desperate not to pay to much or purchase any new machines or software.

Rebecca
 04/14/2010 10:56 AM

Author Icon
devilcat

Rebecca, I bought a Verbatim reader/writer, I think I got it from Office Depot (now Staples). I am sure that any generic one will work.

I suggest that you 'phone Memorysuppliers.com and explain that you need a compact flash card less than 512 mb and the card reader/writer to bung it in. They have real people answering the phone and are very helpful. If you buy a few cards, you will get a discount.

Remember that if you are using software such as customiser or digitizer, this may not work.

I think an explanation/confirmation from Digimad would be useful. Maggie????

Jacquie

Ladysmith BC,Janome 12000, Bernina Record, Bernina 1150MDA serger, bit of a Luddite, garments not crafts
 04/14/2010 06:41 PM

Author Icon
digimad

You called Jacquie? yep an ordinary digital media card reader writer is all that is needed, and Janome's Customiser or Digitiser will seek out the card in the reader automatically.In fact both mine will automatically pick up any digital media card including SD,XD, Photo stick, etc, which is great for me as I an backup designs on my 16gig SD photo cards direct from the Janome Embroidery Gallery design browser. Saves copying and pasting, and it will format the cards as well. Pity the machine can't use them, sigh, but I have plenty of CF cards so fingers crossed they last me a lot longer.
mags

digimad
 04/16/2010 03:07 PM

Author Icon
SewFanatic

digmad

I may be lost and confused. I have only used the EasyTransfer process with my Janome 10001 and a few compactflash cards that have designs on them. Along with pre-bought Janome Designer cards that go directly into my machine. I used to be able to put the Janome 3000 Stock Designs into my computer and transfer them to my sewing machine throuigh the EasyTransfer method.

Now having Windows 7 I can no longer do this. I do have a few compactflash cards that are blank and the adapter holder for the cards. This adapder then fits into my sewing machine.

I quess I am asking if the reader/writer is something new I need to purchase to get designs onto the compactflash cards say from the Janome 3000 Stock Design CD or any other CD or design site? I don't have a digitizer or a customizer and never have.

Sorry for any inconvenience. I have had an accident where it has slowd things down in the brain department for me. But still trying to keep working on what I enjoy most. I appreciate any help I can get. As I said before though I really can't afford to make to many expenditures..

My compactflash cards are 8mb and 64mb so can I do anything without having to purchase a digitizer or customizer at this time? Would I be able to Embroider with just the purchase of a reader/writer and my compactflash cards? And whats the process. Please help. Missing my only enjoyment.

Rebecca
 04/16/2010 07:42 PM

Author Icon
CherylAnn

Hi Rebecca,

If you are using a desktop computer or a new Laptop, you will need the card reader device for your computer. They cost about $15-20 and are available at a computer store perhaps even Walmart. The one I have will take quite a number of different memory media, like SD, Compact flash cards and others. It attaches to your computer with a USB. You take the card out of the adapter to put in the card reader and attach it to the computer and place your designs on the card in the correct file folder. The folder is inside the EMB folder. You don't need any software to copy the designs to a Compact flash card and the method need not be expensive.

Let us know how you make out and if you need more help with it.

Cheryl

Saskatoon, Saskatchewan Canada
Janome 15000, 12000, 4120, 760, 1200D Serger, Huskylock 926, Cover Pro 1000 & a few older sewing machines; my favourite computer games of DigitizerMBX v.4.5 with Cutwork, Floriani Total Control, & EQ7
 04/17/2010 03:40 PM

Author Icon
joanna

there is another option. if your windows vista program is still under warranty you can contact the microsoft tech support and they will walk you through turning your windows vista 64 into a 32! it took me 5 nights (because of time difference with India where tech support is) but they speak english perfectly and we got it done. terry, at janome, didn't believe it could be done until she actually went in to my computer and saw that it is now 32. since then no problems.
 04/19/2010 06:53 PM

Author Icon
SewFanatic

Hi Cheryl,

My computer is a desktop with Windows 7. Funny thing is has slots to accept compactflash I/II/MD cards, smart media/xd, SD/Mini/MMC/RS/PlusMobile, and even MS/PRO/Duo//Pro Duo. I thought I could copy and paste from the Janome CD to the compactflash card through my hard drive slot it seems to go there but nothing will show up in the ata pc card on the Janome 10001. I quess it looks as though the reader/writer will have to be a purchase and then hope for the best. I just don't understand why I can't get the .jef or the .sew designs to appear on my sewing machine. I can however view them in the html format under adobe and print them out with the color shemes. Go figure half a dozen of one thing. Appreciate the help, will keep you posted.

Not looking forward to switching my computer back to vista. I rather enjoy Windows 7, hate the Janome glitch. Thanks again.

Rebecca.

Rebecca
 04/19/2010 07:05 PM

Author Icon
digimad

Micro soft has realised a patch whuch removes the need to run XP programs with a Virualisation enabled bios. link to the windows 7 xp mode. From the Micro soft update page "Today, Microsoft announced it made changes to its virtualization efforts, one of those changes is good news for Windows 7 users: Windows XP Mode no longer requires hardware virtualization technology. Windows XP Mode is a feature of Windows 7 Professional or higher that allows you to run Windows XP applications that are incompatible with Windows 7 in a virtual environment.
According to Microsoft this change simplifies the experience by making virtualization more accessible to many more PCs for small and midsize businesses wanting to migrate to Windows 7 Professional or higher editions, while still running Windows XP-based productivity applications. " end of quote.
It could be the answer to your problem.

digimad
 04/22/2010 01:35 PM

Author Icon
Natthrafn

I tried the virtuall XP. It only applies to software, not drivers and the driver is the problem. Rebecca, it should work with your "slots". Have you formatted the card in your sewing machine prior to putting it into the computer? If you put the empty card into your sewing machine it will create all nessesary folders on the card, when you put the card into the computer put your embroideries in the folder below the "emb" folder. Digimad, please correct me if I have the wrong folder:-)

Good Luck
Eva in Sweden
 04/22/2010 02:15 PM

Author Icon
digimad

Hi Eva, on the older 10001 there are 11 folders sweetheart, so it can go in any one of them. They just must not fill them or the machine will just go, ughhh to much I'm going to sleep, and take a long nap or just freeze. It has a small processor not designed to handle lots of designs.
love mags

digimad
 04/24/2010 08:31 PM

Author Icon
Iamsewsew

Can someone help me understand the Vista/Windows 7 problem. Does the program and updates download to the different computers ok but the problem is in trying to save or sending a file to the MC10001 for sewing out the design? I tried to install the DGPro on my Vista comupter and it did not work correctly. I tried to install the updates without much success. I have not downloaded the DigitizerPro program to my Windows7 computer for fear they will crash and burn and screw up the dongal. I feel I am not using the DigitizerPro to the max because I only have it on the WindowsME computer that does not have an internet connection to it. I would be okay with transferring the designs to the ATA card. Any advice is welcomed...I am not the smartest computer person but willing to learn. Thanks
FORUMS : Embroidery : Janome 10001 & Windows Vista

<< 1 2 3 Previous Next Last unread
Topic Tools Topic Tools
Statistics
94181 users are registered to the Janome forum.
There are currently 1 users logged in.