Janome - Learning Center

Topic Title: help me download designs from web
Topic Summary:
Created On: 09/25/2007 09:47 AM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 09/25/2007 09:47 AM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
kd

I am a new owner of a Janome 11000. I want to learn to use embroidery library.com. I tried transfering design data to a memory stick and then putting the memory stick into my machine, but it doesn't seem to be working. I would appreciate any help I can get. What is the difference betweeen Jeff and Jeff+? Thanks, Kathy
 09/25/2007 10:19 AM

Author Icon
digimad

Hi Kathy, you must insert the memory stick into your 11000 first to format it. It will place an EMB folder on it. Then put the stick in your PC navigate to it and check that it has been formatted. Alternatively, use Customiser 11000 if you have got it, that will format your stick as well when you use the flash memory save option. It also automatically saves Jef files, the older Jef format, to Jef + the 11000 format.
I don't know the programming difference between the two formats, but as far as I know, the 9000 series, 10000, 10001, and 300s can't read the newest format. Though I would have thought the 11000 was backward compatible and could do an auto convert in the machine.
Back to the USB stick, if the stick is formatted, when you open it in your PC you'll see a folder titled EMB, this is the parent folder, you have to open that one by either left clicking on the plus sign in front of it, or double left clicking the folder itself. Inside is the child, a folder titled Embf, that's the folder you drop your designs in, not the EMB folder.
If you have the Embird manager and editor that will convert designs to the new Jef+ format and the 11000 hoop sizes.
From what I've been reading it seems if you want to do firmware updates to the machine, you're better off using the direct PC to machine link, or using an ATA card (compact flash card type 11, 512 mb or below) with an adapter (PCMCIA or compact flash adapter type 1, plus a multi media card reader writer box, you can get them in any PC or camera store)
The flash memory option apparently takes an awfully long time and isn't always succesful.

-------------------------
digimad
 09/25/2007 03:04 PM

Author Icon
digimad

Kathy, I've placed a link in your private message box, I hope it helps you with your machine and Embroidery Library downloads.

digimad
 04/09/2013 05:57 PM

Author Icon
msbhaven

I have tried this process a dozen times and the machine never finds the designs - is there any special format other than a JEF file that is required?
 04/09/2013 06:33 PM

Author Icon
devilcat

When you bring the designs from Embroidery Library into your computer, are they zipped files? If so, you must unzip them to place them on your stick. Did you format your stick in your machine for it to place the necessary folders? When you take the designs from your computer to the stick, do you check to see that you put the design in the subfolder- I think it is EmbF. Is your stick a small size? 2 gig is probably the biggest you can use although I understand some members have used 4 gig. It takes a long time for the machine to scroll through these sticks. I much prefer the old ATA cards ( I don't think you can use these on the 11000) as they just zip through the designs.

Please let us know how you make out.

Jacquie

Ladysmith BC,Janome 12000, Bernina Record, Bernina 1150MDA serger, bit of a Luddite, garments not crafts
Statistics
90057 users are registered to the Janome forum.
There are currently 1 users logged in.