Janome - Learning Center

Topic Title: Communication Error Message
Topic Summary: MC 9700 will not read the designs saved on memory card
Created On: 11/12/2009 11:20 AM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 11/12/2009 11:20 AM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
julequeen

I can see the designs are on the card when it is in my computer. However, when I insert the card with the ATA PC Adapater I get a blank screen that only says ATA PC Card Reader and there are no designs. When I press open files I get COMMUNICATION ERROR! What is the problem?
 03/16/2010 04:55 PM

Author Icon
jmtog

I have the same problem on my mc 9500. Please let me know if you have a solution for this issue. thanks.
 03/16/2010 07:09 PM

Author Icon
Lumpy

I don't have the same machine but did you format the card in the machine first then put the designs in the proper file?? If not you won't see them.
 03/16/2010 07:17 PM

Author Icon
Mdennis322

how do you format the card in the machine? I have a 300E
 03/17/2010 07:38 AM

Author Icon
digimad

First copy any designs you have on the card into a folder on your computer, then delete the card contents. Now pop the card in the machine, if it doesn't automatically ask you if you want to forat it, you have tell it to do so. Use the MODE icon on the machine, scroll through till you see the screen that offers the Format options. Select the one for ATA card, press YES. You will get a warning message saying contents will be deleted, just press OK, answer every question with an OK or yes, then wait for warning symbol to dissapear from the screen, it usually shows the red circle with a diagonal line across it and the legend do not remove card or turn off machine. When that has gone the card has hopefully been formatted. Eject the card, pop it in your reader writer and open it. There should be a folder on it, open the folder and inside is a child folder, open that. Now go and copy the designs you want to stitch and paste them INSIDE the child folder, if you don't open the child folder the and paste into the parent, the machine wont see them. Once the designs have been pasted into the child folder, close it , remove the card, pop it in the machine, use the card icon to open the card, and you should see the designs. The machine will show designs for the A/F hoop on one screen, designs for the B hoop will be on another screen. If you only have A/F or B hoop designs on the card,you will only see those.
Don't go mad and overload the card, you will slow the machines built in processor down, and don't transfer the designs into the machines built in folders. It can and will use the card as an external drive, leaving the built in memory of the machine free from clutter. If you transfer into the built in folders you decrease the amount memory it has spare and eventually the machine responds saying enough already, you have used all my memory up. Well it actually says, Cannot register designs or words to that effect.
Only ever put those designs you intend stitching for the project you are working on into the child folder. Don't use the card as storage, make back ups of all your designs, ATA cards, USB sticks, CDs hard drives can all fail, and take with them everything on them. So have a variety of back up options so even if one fails, you still have copies.

-------------------------
digimad
 03/17/2010 09:53 AM

Author Icon
devilcat

Make sure that your card is no larger than 512mb. Our machines do not like the bigger ones.

Jacquie

-------------------------
Ladysmith BC,Janome 12000, Bernina Record, Bernina 1150MDA serger, bit of a Luddite, garments not crafts
Statistics
90121 users are registered to the Janome forum.
There are currently 1 users logged in.