Janome - Learning Center

Topic Title: How do I sew out designs on Giga Hoop...
Topic Summary: MC10001 and large designs
Created On: 09/20/2009 03:41 PM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 09/20/2009 03:41 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
campbellkid

I have recently purchased a MC10001 (used on e-bay). Everything works as it should except for, I think, the operator! It has built in designs for the D-hoop, but when you choose them to sew them out, only part of the design shows up. Where is the rest of the design? After you sew out the first part, does it give you option of sewing out the rest of the design? The manual is no help on this, only says there are designs for the D-hoop. I have purchase some designs that my machine says are too large for the stitching field, but the machine won't let me choose the larger hoop.

If anyone can point me in the direction of a website or book to help me with splitting designs, etc. I would really appreciate it. My machine came with Digitizer, Jr.; but I haven't been able to figure out splitting and stitching larger designs.

Thanks for any help.

-------------------------
Sarah in Indiana
MC10001
MC 9500
6600P
Singer Featherweight
 09/21/2009 02:20 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
digimad

The Giga hoop is a layout and customising hoop, it allows you too combine smaller designs to reate a larger design, or 2 Bhoop designs arranged side by side. It is 2 Bhoop sewing fields overlapped in the centre. You cannot stitch a design larger then 140 mm by 200 mm on a 10001, that is the maximum travel the hoop arm will allow.
Now there is a lady who does excellent lessons on CD for splitting large designs, here is her website, Kathy Jones splitting lessons she uses Embird Editor a program you can purchase from her or Embird direct.
This is Buzz edit link Buzz edit link
this link allows you to view clips of the program in action and download a limited function version on a trial basis.
Design splitting needs time and commitment to master, it is a great way to to utilise those fantastic jacket back designs our machines can't stitch. Be warned though, there is no magic shortcut, no one click program that gives perfect results. Plus not all designs can be split.

-------------------------
digimad
Statistics
87077 users are registered to the Janome forum.
There are currently 0 users logged in.