Janome - Learning Center

Topic Title: MYSTERY MACHIENE!!! JW7630
Topic Summary:
Created On: 09/21/2013 08:56 PM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 09/21/2013 08:56 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
1CrafTMama

I JUST bought this Janome JW7630 (it is computerized) off Craigslist... IT has never been opened. I think I got a fair to good deal, ($175) but CAN NOT find it online ANYWHERE!!! I am begining to think I have a PHANTOM machiene! LOL

Does Anyone know of this machiene???
 09/21/2013 10:54 PM

Author Icon
CherylAnn

You have asked this else where, once should get you a reply.

This machine may be just a special for internet sale only. I sorry I can't help you but if you look up machine that are listed on this site there might be one that looks similar and you can find info that way. Also your instruction manual should help as well.

Cheryl

-------------------------
Saskatoon, Saskatchewan Canada
Janome 15000, 12000, 4120, 760, 1200D Serger, Huskylock 926, Cover Pro 1000 & a few older sewing machines; my favourite computer games of DigitizerMBX v.4.5 with Cutwork, Floriani Total Control, & EQ7
 09/24/2013 11:48 AM

Author Icon
jsm1144

It's sort of a Magnolia 7330 in disguise, made for retail outlets with a different name to identify them to Janome.
 10/04/2013 03:40 PM

Author Icon
1CrafTMama

Thank you both for your answers. I appreciate your time and attention.

CherylAnn,
This was my first (and second) post... I was hoping someone would find my question and could help me. I have no experience in forums, and didn't know the rules...I won't post in more than one area again, I didn't know it was frowned upon. Thank you for telling me.

jsm1144,
Thank you very much for the info! It makes me feel better about my mystery machiene!
 10/04/2013 08:26 PM

Author Icon
CherylAnn

I didn't mean to offend you, but it is most annoying in any forum to see things posted more than once. Folks usually pick an area and ask their question. If it isn't answered in a day or so, then it is quite acceptable to ask again.

Also, when you purchase things from places that are not a dealer, that is often frowned upon, as then expectations are that other consumers are should provide the teaching - your instruction manual should be your first place to look. Also if the model isn't listed, look for something that looks similar and go from there.

Cheryl

Janome 15000, 12000, 4120, 760, 1200D Serger, Huskylock 926, Cover Pro 1000 & a few older sewing machines; my favourite computer games of DigitizerMBX v.4.5 with Cutwork, Floriani Total Control, & EQ7
 10/05/2013 09:38 AM

Author Icon
1CrafTMama

Cheryl,
I was not offended by what you said, or how you said it. I really was thanking you for the education. As I stated, I've never used a forum before, so...I didn't know the rules.

I did look through the manual, and even compared my mystery machiene to those online. I was not asking how to use my machiene only if anyone knew OF the machiene.

It seems petty that anyone would care where someone aquires their belongings, and makes sense to me that if it is found annoying, one would simply ignore the request.

It seems my attempt of thanksgiving has upset you, and for that I appoligize.

My question was answered, so no farther communication is required.
 10/05/2013 10:54 AM

Author Icon
digimad

Craftmama, how or where you got your machine is irrelevant, and I hope you get a great deal of enjoyment from it. I think Cheryl was trying to point out was that dealers IF they are good, and they all aren't, is the safest way to go. But unfortunately black print on a white background can be very misleading, you can't read an inflexion, see the person, hear their tone of voice.
The forum members are a very diverse mix of people, sharing a common thread, they enjoy their machines. Doesn't matter a jot if its new, old, a sewing or embroidery machine, came from a garage sale, auction room, dealers, preloved list, it's theirs and they want to learn more about it.
The forum is here to be used by its members, so I hope you will continue to use it, the forum is nothing without its members. After all that's why Janome USA set it up, a place where Janome users could share, support, encourage and sometimes offer assistance to each other, best of all it's open 24/7.
I'm a Brit, and discovered after being a member since Noah built the ark, my use of terms when addressing members, wasn't always understood, I hate pseudonyms, so would use terms of address common here in Britain. Sweetheart, flower, petal, as I considered other members as fellow enthusiasts, however I had to stop that practise as it was pointed out that on the American side of the puddle, they were deemed as derogatory. Sigh, I had forgotten the harsh limitations imposed by black letters on white backgrounds. So welcome to the forum.

digimad
 10/05/2013 11:37 AM

Author Icon
CherylAnn

Thanks Digmad, you stated what I intended to say. I re-read my post and it does seem harsh and that is not what was intended. Everyone has a right to ask so that learning can take place.

My apologies 1CrafTMama. You have as much right to help as I or anyone else.

Cheryl

10/05/2013 11:45 AM

Author Icon
CherylAnn

Another thing, it seems that Janome has entered the world of on-line selling of certain models that they don't place in dealerships - it is new in Canada and introduced this summer/fall, and I assume was available elsewhere in the world much sooner. It is a puzzle to me why there couldn't be a category on each country's website of those models - perhaps there is and I just don't look at them. With global travel and folks moving the way they do, I suppose there will be numerous models of machines for sale on ebay, Craig's List etc., more often in the future and they may not appear on the websites one tends to use most often.

Cheryl

Edited: 10/05/2013 at 09:21 PM by CherylAnn
 10/05/2013 02:31 PM

Author Icon
digimad

Craftmama, I found your machine, Janome releases machines for certain chain stores, and it appears the JW7630 plus the JW5622 were on offer through Walmart, your machine was 7 cents shy of $300, so you did bag a bargain.

digimad
 10/06/2013 05:40 PM

Author Icon
1CrafTMama

digimad,
I did spend some time reading some of the posts before I decided to try the forum...and yours caught my eye. I am a Southern gal, myself so terms of endearment are comforting to me. I was sad that it seems a lot of Americans do view them in a poor light.

I read enough to get the impression, you are a genuine sweetheart. (I almost joined just to tell you so...but thought my opinion was probably unwanted.)

I sincerely thank you for taking time to talk, as I was not going to come back to the forums.

CrafT
 10/06/2013 08:23 PM

Author Icon
digimad

Craftmama, I'm so glad you decided to stay. I smiled when I read terms of endearment are comforting to you, over here the locals accord me the nicest compliment that is possible, to them I'm ''A good old gal'' and they don't mean my age. My wonderful neighbour calls me grumpy one, because I have synkinesis which means when I laugh or smile, one side of my mouth pulls right down. But they use it as a term of affection and I accept it as such.

No ones opinions are unwanted, might not always be agreed with, but are always valid if given pleasantly without a desire to hurt. One thing that truly bugs me is the IMHO, that does so annoy me, if it is your own opinion, own it, voice it as such and don't IMHO it. Sigh, I've been accused of being opinionated and I am, but at least I have them and don't let others think for me. I can change them, admit I was wrong, but I always own them as mine, and as such reserve the right to use them. What I don't do is seek to impose them on others, just offer them and let others form their own. So you offer yours, we might not always see eye to eye, but who wants a forum where everyone holds the identical opinions on everything. That would be horrendous.

How are getting on with your machine? as a forum member you are going to have to feed my inquisitive nose, I love reading what forum members are or have created, so let us all know. Well it's 2.20am here in England and my lop sided smile muscles need to sleep, so I'll say goodnight sweetheart, and wait to hear what you've created.
mags

digimad
 10/31/2013 08:22 PM

Author Icon
livenlearn

Craftmama, I've seen this machine in CL where I live as well, but cant find any descriptions online of any of its functions. Could you help me out with that.
I quilt so am interested if it has the drop feed dog, up down needle position, automatic thread cutter... and anything else you would be willing to tell me about it.
What accessories came with it (feet and such) Thank you for your time!
 12/10/2013 11:33 AM

Author Icon
ruddhess

I think these machines have just showed up on the shelves (I go to the Walmart store across the street from the home office in Bentonville, AR). I just noticed them this month (and I look at the sewing machines and sewing stuff there a lot). No reviews on this model yet. At that price a person could almost buy one just to try out. (If you don't like it for some reason, I'm pretty sure Walmart will let you return it - and no, I don't work for Walmart - I just go there and buy stuff because it doesn't empty my bank account when I do - but that's just me).
 12/10/2013 11:45 AM

Author Icon
ruddhess

livenlearn - according to the manual, the feed dogs are retractable (can be lowered for free motion).
Statistics
92154 users are registered to the Janome forum.
There are currently 0 users logged in.