Janome - Learning Center

Topic Title: MC 12,000
Topic Summary:
Created On: 06/19/2011 02:21 PM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 06/19/2011 02:21 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
Mandy

I got a little inquisitive about the machine and did a web search

According to Sewing Patternreview forum, the machine is going to have 11 inches to the right of the needle, 5" + from the bed to the arm

and a larger embroidery field. I wonder what else they will come up with?

http://sewing.patternreview.co...iscussions/topic/60497

-------------------------
Janome MC 6600P,An Old Brother Wizard,Brother XR-65, A very old Singer sewing machine,Janome MyLock 634D,Sew Mate Serger
 06/20/2011 11:05 AM

Author Icon
skunkbad

Only Janome knows what the new TOL (Top of the Line) machine will have / not have, and only Janome knows if it will be called MC12K or something else. Not even Janome regional managers get this info until they train on the machine, which is usually the week before it is introduced to dealers. It's seems odd that an Elna dealer would know anything, when Janome dealers are left in the dark. I think what this Elna dealer claims to know may just be a rumor, unless they speak Japanese and are involved in the RND for the machine.

Temecula Valley Sewing Center
The Temecula Valley Sewing Center Blog
 06/20/2011 01:34 PM

Author Icon
Mandy

I wish they would put an Accufeed feature on the new TOL if it was possible.

Janome MC 6600P,An Old Brother Wizard,Brother XR-65, A very old Singer sewing machine,Janome MyLock 634D,Sew Mate Serger
 06/20/2011 08:43 PM

Author Icon
Mandy

I think about this crazy stuff while I am sewing.Now, there are some pros and cons on the Accufeed system idea.
The number one con on this idea is how much the Accuffeed feature on the new TOL would zip up the price big time.
It would be really nice if Janome threw in a continuous border hoop on the new machine and it would not be half bad if the machine ha a camera built in for folks like me who can mess up with hooping an embroidery straight!

06/21/2011 08:39 AM

Author Icon
Mandy

Have you noticed how many 11000 SE are up for sale on ebay lately? It's insane!

06/21/2011 08:55 AM

Author Icon
Mandy

I love to come up with new ideas,I guess it runs in my DNA,my brother is an inventor.

06/21/2011 11:10 AM

Author Icon
devilcat

Sewgirl, I found your comments on Bernina giving 8 hour classes in order to encourage sales. This is a bit like what happened when I bought my first Janome MC6000. I had a mechanical Bernina at the time, a wonderful workhorse of a machine with some decorative stitches. I was sewing a lot of silk and wanted to improve the overcasting. Bernina was advertizing a special foot to do this. It cost $150. which was a huge amount in those days. The dealer showed me the Janome and said take it home for a week and play with it! What trust! And the rest is history.

Ladysmith BC,Janome 12000, Bernina Record, Bernina 1150MDA serger, bit of a Luddite, garments not crafts
 06/21/2011 01:36 PM

Author Icon
MOM

Be careful if you are looking at 11,000SE's on EBAY. The latest version is a 3.0 and before you purchase check the version.

MOM
 06/21/2011 03:08 PM

Author Icon
Mandy

I looked out of curiosity.I have seen an "Ebay bought 11,0000SE horror story" before my very eyes at a dealer recently.The woman who bought it ended up getting a machine with a badly broken shaft and the stitching was horrid. My dealer opened up the machine for me to see the damage.Either the machine was damaged during shipping or the Ebay dealer just sold the machine damaged and made a quick buck.

If I am going to spend that much money on a machine,I want to go to a dealer and pick the machine up,open the box,take the machine out and test that machine there at the dealer,then take it home in MY car! Money is too scarce these days to just throw it away on on unworthy merchants.

06/21/2011 05:44 PM

Author Icon
MOM

I so agree Mancy.

When you purchase from a dealer and at times they have specials on machines used at certain Janome sponsored activities that they can sell at a discount. The dealer you purchase it from gives you the same warranty as if out of the box. Many do not realize the Janome 11,000SE has been upgraded 3 times. Once for the thread cutter and the other 2 for the 2 ACUQuilt programs which gave you the ability to do much more on your machine adding the stipple feature and the magnetic hoops which are awesome.

MOM
 06/21/2011 06:45 PM

Author Icon
Mandy

What was so hokey about this Ebay dealer(from Wisconsin) was that he advertised the price of the machine which is really a no-no online. The brand new 11,000 SE price is coming down considerably at reputable Brick and Mortar stores,so why sacrifice one's dollars on a Ebay "outlet" when you can get the "REAL DEAL"?

I am stepping off my soap box now!LOL!

FORUMS : Trends/Styles : MC 12,000

Topic Tools Topic Tools
Statistics
82955 users are registered to the Janome forum.
There are currently 0 users logged in.