Janome - Learning Center

Topic Title: help threading the 634d
Topic Summary: Cannot get the threading correct
Created On: 04/15/2011 10:15 AM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 04/15/2011 10:15 AM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
Sonbronco

I think I have the bottom threads figured out. It is the top threads that I am dealing with. I am not sure how the thread goes in the longer metal part on the front. I place the thread under the metal piece on the right and go up the left side. I cannot get the thread to stay in the loop on the left side. Does it go in or on top of this piece. I bought this machine used and the person did not have it threaded. It was her mothers and had no idea how to use it. Neither do I LOL. Thanks I sure hope everyone I talk to is right. A serger is worth it.
 04/15/2011 11:22 AM

Author Icon
Jeane

Hi..new 634d owner....take a deep breath and then check out the" techniques" section in the website for Janome hint it is next to the software updates in the learning center. If you go to serging there is a basic explanation and will aid you. Other options, find a close sewing dealer and go in and look at their sergers and have the shop show you how to thread a serger....looking doesn't mean you need to buy...but you may find other treasures there. Don't be intimidated the serger is a wonderful machine. Good luck. Jeane

-------------------------
Jeane, Coarsegold, CA (near Yosemite National Park)
MC11000 se, MC6500, FM-725, 525S, Compulock, 760 Jem,
White Serger
 04/15/2011 11:26 AM

Author Icon
Love2sew

Sonbronco, what you really need is an owners manual. If you have a Janome dealer near you, then they can get one for you from Janome. The manual has pictures to help you thread the machine. I have the 634D and have had to refer to my manual many times to help me rethread the machine. Then with the manual, you will have instructions anytime you need them.

Nancy

-------------------------
Sewing mistakes are only our creativity
at work.
Statistics
91483 users are registered to the Janome forum.
There are currently 0 users logged in.