Janome - Learning Center

Topic Title: MISSING OIL WICK
Topic Summary:
Created On: 09/17/2011 12:35 PM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 09/17/2011 12:35 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
mslibra

My friend unknowingly removed the felt wick under the bobbin case. Taking it to a dealer isn't an easy option as we are isolated an only accessible by boat or plane. Are the wicks replaceable and if so how is it done. Thanks
 09/17/2011 01:21 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
Mandy

You really have no option but to take the dealer because to my knowledge, end users of Janome machines cannot order parts such as a wick online .Only technicians have access to parts.Another reason I suggest taking the machine to the dealer is that repairing this issue may be difficult for inexperienced hands to fix and if you try to repair the issue on your own and accidentally cause more damage to the machine,your warranty on that machine may be voided.

I restore old sewing machines and I enjoy it,but as tempted as I may be to fix a problem on my 6600( knock on wood I haven't too many problems to be repaired yet),I avoid that very temptation to do so because these newer machine's parts are so much more complex than the older models.There is a really,really good reason Janome technicians go to Japan receive rigorous training and obtain certification how to repair their machines.This seems like a small issue,but replacing that little part incorrectly can cause a host of other problems on your machine.

In summary,your Janome Tech at your dealer is your very best friend!

-------------------------
Janome MC 6600P,An Old Brother Wizard,Brother XR-65, A very old Singer sewing machine,Janome MyLock 634D,Sew Mate Serger
Statistics
94137 users are registered to the Janome forum.
There are currently 2 users logged in.