Janome - Learning Center

Topic Title: tension problems with machine embroidery
Topic Summary: tension problems
Created On: 12/15/2010 08:15 AM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 12/15/2010 08:15 AM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
barbino

I have a Janome 9700, and all will be going along fine with an embroidery project, then I hear a rattling sound from the bobbin area, and my threads are loose and catching, and I have to tear out the area affected. I had it checked and no problems found, although once before the bobbin case actually fell apart while sewing and was replaced by my dealer. I have checked my threading and replaced the needle, cleaned the lint, etc.
 12/16/2010 08:39 PM

Author Icon
CherylAnn

Is your bobbin almost empty when this is happening? That will cause a rattle type of noise.

Another thing that could be causing this is the spring that holds the bobbin case in place. It may be broken, but looks OK from the top. You might have your technician check at out for you to eliminate it as the problem. He needs to take it out to have a look at it. This happened to me just a few weeks ago and my technician said it looked OK until he took it out to do the final check and discovered that it was broken.

Cheryl

-------------------------
Saskatoon, Saskatchewan Canada
Janome 15000, 12000, 4120, 760, 1200D Serger, Huskylock 926, Cover Pro 1000 & a few older sewing machines; my favourite computer games of DigitizerMBX v.4.5 with Cutwork, Floriani Total Control, & EQ7
 12/22/2010 02:46 PM

Author Icon
golfnow99

Sorry to piggy back my problem here. I am new to this site and struggling just a little with navigating. Our problem is a Janome AQS 2009 that continues to run slowly after letting off of the foot pedal. The machine just continues to idle along for a few seconds to a minute, or until we yank the power cord. The machine probably only had 4 hours on it when this started. Now my wife is into her 4th of seven quilts and the occurrence of the problem is almost daily. So intermittent that it is driving us nuts. If you can lead me to some place I would appreciate it. Janome 1-800 number person would only tell me to take the machine to a dealer. Well, that will be fine, after Christmas but, we can't lose the time right now on this project. Thank you.
 12/22/2010 11:02 PM

Author Icon
CherylAnn

I think your only option is to take the machine into have it services. There is something not right and should have been fixed immediately if it has been doing this right from the time the machine was new.

Cheryl

Saskatoon, Saskatchewan Canada
Janome 15000, 12000, 4120, 760, 1200D Serger, Huskylock 926, Cover Pro 1000 & a few older sewing machines; my favourite computer games of DigitizerMBX v.4.5 with Cutwork, Floriani Total Control, & EQ7
 12/23/2010 11:15 AM

Author Icon
karmicwolff

Hello Golf,

Somewhere in this forum I saw another similar post with a possible answer....but please do not quote me! Cheryl is absolutely right. Get her in ASAP as it might not be as bad as you think.....Good luck on your projects....

Leah.

Thank You!

Leah!

Janome Memory Craft 6600P and Kenmore Computerized # 19110
 12/23/2010 12:56 PM

Author Icon
skunkbad

barbino, if a customer brought in a machine and described the problem as you have, the first thing I would look at would be the hook drive gear on the lower shaft. In some machines this gear seems to get chewed up, and the only thing that can be done is to replace it. I'm not saying this is the only possibility, but if everything else is tight in that area, then it certainly could be the problem. It's a fairly simple job to do, but not one that you could do by yourself. Make sure to post back with what your dealer found wrong with the machine!

golfnow99, it sounds like you need to have your foot control replaced.

Temecula Valley Sewing Center
The Temecula Valley Sewing Center Blog
 01/02/2011 10:22 PM

Author Icon
karen65ae

To golfnow99 I have read of a few Janome owners having this problem. It could be a problem might be with the foot pedal .So take that to the dealers when you go.
Statistics
90476 users are registered to the Janome forum.
There are currently 0 users logged in.