Sliding Guide Foot Feature
One of our educators, Nancy Fiedler, wanted to share a fun tip using one of her favorite feet!
"While perusing my current copy of Sew Daily (click the link to purchase your own copy),
I discovered there were lots of times I would need a guide for top stitching, hemming, and seams. Janome has one foot that will do it all! The Sliding Guide foot SG.
(7mm machines part #202219005, 9mm machines 003202293004)
The guide on this foot locks into position so it will stay securely in place as you sew. The clear markings indicate ⅜” - 1 ⅛” from center needle position.
Thread Tension: Auto or 3-6
Stitch Length: Variable
Feed Dogs: Up
- Pull the grey lever toward you to release the lock.
- Move the guide to the desired position centering the red line of the scale in the window to the red mark of the guide.
- Push the lever away from you to lock the guide in place.
- Place fabric under foot so that edge lines up with guide.
- Sew at medium speed keeping fabric butted up to guide.
Note: The sole of this foot is flat. Use straight and forward moving stitches for best results. Detailed decorative stitches are not recommended when using this foot
I can’t wait to get started on the Arrow Tab Tote as I know I will get perfectly placed top stitching details on those tabs!"
-Thanks Nancy for that great tip on using the Sliding Guide feet for perfectly even topstitching! You can contact your favorite Janome dealer for more info.
(Want another source to learn more about the Sliding Guide foot? Check out this article from our friends at Sew4Home!)